Hump Yard switches locking

I'm building a hump yard and when I send cars down the hump into the yard and attempt to throw the switches between cars to change the routing the switches stay locked, despite the fact I have the trigger radius set to one. How do I fix this?
Thanks

As far as I know they lock because they are supposed to. What hump DLS are you using? The one that I have has an orange background to allow you to manually select routes or automatically (randomly sort them). Still learning it myself but you can turn retarders off with this etc.

Thanks

Sean

I am using the asset 'humptower' <kuid2:30671:23302:1>. The only purpose it serves is to uncouple the cars, so I don't see what affect that would have on the switches. It's something with the radius because when I get two cars that are really far apart I can throw the switches but at normal distance they stay locked. Which doesn't make sense cause I have the radius set to 1. I've tried a few different switch assets with the same result.

Yep I'm using hump tower I believe that is the same as what I'm using. The square with the orange background is a panel. Normally I have it set to auto which means it will randomly switch as cars get uncoupled. The actual retarders will also set the brakes on the strings at that end. I found out you have to turn the retarders off when you want to grab them out of the hump bowl.

Hope that helps.

Sean

Back