Installing routes from Trainz 2010

agathosdaimon

Hi, I really liked the CN Holly Sub in Trainz2010 - is it possible I could play this in Trs2019? or Trainz 2012 for that matter
I would want to port over the route and sessions

Hi, I really liked the CN Holly Sub in Trainz2010 - is it possible I could play this in Trs2019? or Trainz 2012 for that matter
I would want to port over the route and sessions

Yes it is possible to do that from TS2010. TS12 locks the built-in routes.

Using Content Manager, you can export the route and sessions to CDP's and import those into TRS2019. Once imported, you'll probably have missing dependencies so you'll need to download a lot of content from the DLS. Hopefully most if not all those assets will be there and you'll be able to install them fine. Old built-in stuff coming from TS2010 directly needs some extra steps to install since some of the assets will be faulty.

could i just import the content directly from the trainz 2010 folder?

if i have to make CDPs - can i bundle up all the dependencies for it too so that i dont have to search the DLS?

what do you mean regardng trainz12 locking the built ins?

i watched the trailer for trainz 12 today incidentally, and in it mentions its compatible with trainz 2010 content, so what are you referring specifically?

if i have to make CDPs - can i bundle up all the dependencies for it too so that i dont have to search the DLS?
It will be simpler to make one CDP for each route and one CDP for the dependencies for each route. Make sure that built-in assets are not included in the CDP for the dependencies. When you import the CDP into TRS2019 you will get a lot of assets that are open for edit. These are assets that were already in TRS2019 and did not need to be imported, so you can simply revert them to original. You will still need to download from the DLS assets that were built-in for TS2010 and are not built-in for TRS2019, but there is no need to search: just select missing dependencies for the route and download all.

Back