Gold Member getting new PC

twarner

Around since 2001
I will shortly have a new PC, built to use exclusively for Trainz.

As a gold Member, what is the correct, (and legal) procedure to transfer programme and content?

Will I need to uninstall/reinstall or can I simply install a new copy on the new rig and follow the instructions for transferring content from the old one?.

Thanks to all.

Cheers
Terry

I will shortly have a new PC, built to use exclusively for Trainz.

As a gold Member, what is the correct, (and legal) procedure to transfer programme and content?

Will I need to uninstall/reinstall or can I simply install a new copy on the new rig and follow the instructions for transferring content from the old one?.

Thanks to all.

Cheers
Terry

Install on the new PC and follow the instructions for transferring content from the old one is the simplest.

Perhaps I was lucky but with my new Ryzen computer I just transferred the 1TB Trainz SSD from my old Intel one, made sure that I had the same drive letter assigned and everything worked without any problem.

Perhaps I was lucky but with my new Ryzen computer I just transferred the 1TB Trainz SSD from my old Intel one, made sure that I had the same drive letter assigned and everything worked without any problem.

Depends on if you have the userdata in the default location or on the separate disk which is what I do.

Mine will both be Intel setup. So if I simply copy the TRS19 folder from the default location on my previous computer to exactly the same location on the new one, this will copy the programme as well as content, surely not?

I will have a 2TB M2 SSD so space is no problem keeping everything in the default location and I could transfer with USB.

Terry

Depends on if you have the userdata in the default location or on the separate disk which is what I do.

Mine was on a separate E: drive including the data, which is probably why it worked, although I was half expecting registry trouble.

So, mine is on a 1TB SSD drive in the default location.

So, same question. Will simply copying TRS19 folder from the old to the new do the job without a reinstall? Default location in each case.

Terry

So, mine is on a 1TB SSD drive in the default location.

So, same question. Will simply copying TRS19 folder from the old to the new do the job without a reinstall? Default location in each case.

Terry

No because the Userdata default location is in the users folder, exact location as shown in the launcher settings so need to move that as well, suggest putting it in the TRS19 folder in a userdata folder.

No because the Userdata default location is in the users folder, exact location as shown in the launcher settings so need to move that as well, suggest putting it in the TRS19 folder in a userdata folder.

So, I was thinking of setting up the exact same, path in Explorer on my new PC but only as far as the N3v games folder, (which will, of course be blank. Then to copy over my TRS19 folder from the present computer. Wouldn't that work?

Or, install TRS19 on the new rig, (which will set up the default path).

Terry

Last edited:
So, I was thinking of setting up the exact same, path in Explorer on my new PC but only as far as the N3v games folder, (which will, of course be blank. Then to copy over my TRS19 folder from the present computer. Wouldn't that work?

Or, install TRS19 on the new rig, (which will set up the default path).

Terry

Should do so long as you know where the userdata is.

I have now had very comprehensive advice from the helpdesk which does involve a fresh TRS19 install on the new computer which should be arriving within the next couple of days so, hopefully I'll be all set to go.:)

Terry

Back