Grid no longer visible

autodctr

Since updating a few days ago, I can no longer see a grid in surveyor. All was fine until I laid down some ground cover. When I click on wire screen now, I get nothing but the white background: no grid is visible. It is very tough raising and lowering ground w/o the grid!

Press the F9 key and the grid should come back?

Have you tried a test route to see if it's the texture you put down that may have caused the problem?

Try painting over an area that has the "invisible" grid. That sometimes fixes the problem. Sometimes just touching the area with the paint-tool as if you are putting down a texture, even it it's the same one will cause the ground to appear. This is usually indicative of a flaky texture file.

Tried painting with different texture: no difference. (And this is a texture that I have used many times before with no issues.) Older layouts are fine: grid appears.

Alright. Created a test layout. Grid there. Put same grass texture on it: grid there. Went back to layout that has problem: grid there! But, moved to the area where I had been working: no grid! This is a large layout: 9 x 24 baseboards. The grid only appears along the one side and across the top: 32 bases total. All the rest do not show the grid. All bases are covered with the same grass texture for now.

Any ideas?

I have this problem with several larger routes. The problem has existed on previous builds also. Another person I work with on beta testing his route also had the same problem. In my case the grid is visible in some parts of the route and not others. I wrote the help desk on the issue about t months ago but they had no solution.

Press the F9 key and the grid should come back?

Have you tried a test route to see if it's the texture you put down that may have caused the problem?

Try painting over an area that has the "invisible" grid. That sometimes fixes the problem. Sometimes just touching the area with the paint-tool as if you are putting down a texture, even it it's the same one will cause the ground to appear. This is usually indicative of a flaky texture file.

That has happen to me too. Also there is no floor at all in sureveyor.

Back