Why does it do this: db repair

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Seems every time I start TANE build 103023 or TRS19 UK edition it starts a db repair!
This has only just recently started happening, especially after TRS19 recent update.
Can I stop this from happening? If so, how?

Cheers,
Val.

Seems every time I start TANE build 103023 or TRS19 UK edition it starts a db repair!
This has only just recently started happening, especially after TRS19 recent update.
Can I stop this from happening? If so, how?

Cheers,
Val.

Do you shut down your computer when you finish playing? Or perhaps disconnect from the internet.

This can be caused by not allowing Trainz to finish the shutting down process.

Cheers,
Bill69

Thanks Bill, but I do not think that is the reason. Mainly b/c I am in the habit of exiting trainz fully before shutting down comp and switching of internet. Something else is causing this. Worse case scenario is to fully uninstall both TANE and TRS19 from my system and perform a reinstall if a solution cannot be found.

Hi,

In the past I've found that both Tane & TS19 will close but the database updating is still running in the background.

Try closing Trains, then making a cup of tea before firing the computer off!
You can also use task manager to view ongoing processes.

Colin

Thanks Bill, but I do not think that is the reason. Mainly b/c I am in the habit of exiting trainz fully before shutting down comp and switching of internet. Something else is causing this. Worse case scenario is to fully uninstall both TANE and TRS19 from my system and perform a reinstall if a solution cannot be found.

The program may have finished but the Disk Caching which is done by the operating system may not have, suggest check Resource Monitor for disk activity related to wherever you have Trainz and your Userdata installed.

Task Manager is a very valuable tool. In this case, as mentioned, you can see what remains active so ANY program can be monitored for CPU, Memory, and Video card usage as well. You can even check for high electrical power usage. Right click on the % number field at the top of the page to bring up options.

Many thanks for suggestions. Unfortunately none provided any solution.
As a result I have completely erased everything to do with TRS19 from my system, and unlikely to re-install it. Once removed TANE became stable once again. Its probably me messing with folders and locations trying to free up C drive. I do not place blame on TRS19 program.

Having said that it does appear 19 has quite a few issues to resolve. For me the straw that broke the camels back was traffic and animation issues with latest update. TANE has rarely given me as many problems to resolve than 19 has, especially in route/session creation.

Staying with TANE from now on. So many variation of TRS19 makes it so damn confusing.

Back