TRC testing my patience

valbridge

Rail Tragic
You know how mad it can make you when something refuses to work as it should even after you've tried everything to correct it.
Yeah! TRC is like this with me right now on the LB&SCR route. Half of these crossings are fine, the other half, simply refuse to co-operate!

An example....
Using DMT UK Crossings [compatible with TRC 4 Trigger] as follows.
For the station Chichester. Two crossings serve the station. TRC trigger shows attachment to 'generic' crossing name but refuse to attach/identify crossing name [i.e. 30&1]. Also fail to show attachment to opposite trigger [say 30&3 or 2 etc]. No matter what I do or how many times rename, save and exit, reload, makes no difference at all. TRC fails to recognise what it is meant to.

Conclusion..
Either the route is somehow corrupted or there is a limit to how many crossings of this nature can be accommodated, ruled out asset [DMT Crossings] corruption as I have tested on [blank canvas] so to speak and worked just fine. In any case I simply don't know what the issue here is.

Maybe others have also had similar experience and overcome it. If so for goodness sake tell me how! Don't say DB repair or extended....god knows I've run that to death. If no solution I'll revert these damn crossings to the old style gates [or place a bridge] rather than barriers. That being a none TRC asset.

Cheers,
frustrated Val.

Val,

Make sure you have setup all your crossings in your session and not the route.

The other issue could be the level crossings themselves. There are some crossing assets that are missing this tag in the config.txt

custom-category-list "TRC"

Val,

Make sure you have setup all your crossings in your session and not the route.

The other issue could be the level crossings themselves. There are some crossing assets that are missing this tag in the config.txt

custom-category-list "TRC"

Cheers for that John....I had set them up in the route. Let me see if setting in a session makes any difference. Will also look into config file.

EDIT: Just to clarify....do you refer session as newly created or session layer from initial route?

Last edited:
Back