Why do I have to log-in twice?

autodctr

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this or not. But, why do I have to log-in twice? This just started a few days ago.

I get to the website, click on the log-in and it then logs me in and says Welcome autodctr. I then click on Trainz Forum and then Forum. At this point, I am no longer logged in and have to re-log-in.

It happens...

Clear your browser cookies and temporary files and see if that helps and also check keep me logged in.

Browsers and forums get weird.

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this or not. But, why do I have to log-in twice? This just started a few days ago.

I get to the website, click on the log-in and it then logs me in and says Welcome autodctr. I then click on Trainz Forum and then Forum. At this point, I am no longer logged in and have to re-log-in.

From my experience you need to keep the cookies delivered from auran.com, www.auran.com, and www.trainzportal.com. These are three separate cookies, and each my trigger a login if the website can't find the cookie. If you have your browser, malware, or cleaner softer cleaning these cookies, it may be causing the problem you are describing. Adding a favorite link to your browser to the forums page so you don't have to go to another page first may also help.

You can reply back with more information, like what site you initially log into, what type of computer you are using, and what browser you are using that could help me give you a better detailed answer.

I use Win10, Google Chrome and CCleaner. I adjusted the settings and I never have to log into the forums, it just remembers me.

This all worked fine until about a week ago. I do not use Windows for anything except Trainz. Nothing else. Logging into this forum is from Firefox in Linux for security reasons. It is not the security of this forum that concerns me, but rather the "insecurity" of Windows as a whole. Keeping Windows free of the internet means that I don't have to worry much about it.

I can live with this. I just get to the main page and then to the forums and then I log in.

Thanks for all of your replies.

This all worked fine until about a week ago. I do not use Windows for anything except Trainz. Nothing else. Logging into this forum is from Firefox in Linux for security reasons. It is not the security of this forum that concerns me, but rather the "insecurity" of Windows as a whole. Keeping Windows free of the internet means that I don't have to worry much about it.

I can live with this. I just get to the main page and then to the forums and then I log in.

Thanks for all of your replies.

Have you thought about its probably your FF settings combined with your paranoia of security from a simple forum? You probably have something set in FF on your Linux box checked to not save. Probably due to your sec concerns. If sec is a big concern to you, then you would log in each time, and not trust FF or Chrome to save them. If sec was a huge concern, you'd have no cookies saved.. Windows or Linux. hence why I am utterly confused at why you are upset...

You do realize too, you are probably going to mytrainz.com instead of the forums. Just go directly to forums via bookmark.

Though if sec is a concern for you and IT, you'd know this... Hence why you logging in twice...

Back