Are there any 15inch locomotives and rolling stock?

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I'm after some 15inch narrow gauge stock for a route but my DLS searches have all failed!

Any ideas?
David

Would be nice to have some as, apart from the obvious RH&DR and R&ER in the UK, this is actually quite a popular gauge worldwide. It would also allow the building of miniature railways more akin to how they are rather than scaled up to prototype size. I'm wondering if the guys who did the excellent freelance 2ft locos and stock could be persuaded to turn their skills to this?

For the 4 foot 8 inch rolling stock we have a couple of underframes then just put boxes on top. You might be lucky and someone might build the underframes. Are there any photos or plans around, if you're very lucky an existing wagon / underframe might be modifiable.

Cheerio John

It's not overly important, I just wanted to put a miniature railway on a route of mine, 2ft and the stock feels too big.

Wanted something akin to a ride on railway you'd find at a railway museum :)

Try 600mm Feldbahn items...

They work on clam's 2ft track but look a lot smaller than standard 2ft stock.

<kuid:206616:100085> MV_Feldbahn_geschlossener_Personenwagen_600mm
<kuid:206616:100076> MV_Feldbahn_Personenwagen_600mm (with operating passenger safety arms)

<kuid2:72730:15501:6> Feldbahnlok 1
<kuid2:72730:15502:2> Feldbahnlok 2

Last edited:
There's the Rudyard Lake stuff, however the locos sink into the track so can't tell what gauge! it's less than 2ft though. Edit: Googled it, it's 10.25" Might be some track that fits The Rudyard stuff, possibly early mike10 as his NG tracks were the wrong height and stuff was made to fit.
15" stuff? Someone asked me to do 15" track which I did, just can't remember who it was though. Northern Rock plus Tender seems to be the only thing on the DLS

There is 10.25" track and other non Rudyard rolling stock, might be better off trying that?

I think there are some Ravenglass style items around on one of the Thomas sites. I can't recall which though...

RHDR or Ravenglass could be a good future project, but I've got enough stuff lined up as it is at the moment.

I thought I'd seen some on another sight more recently than that, but I might be mistaken.

Possibly, there's been some I think illegal Thomas sites around, probably the cause of the site being closed.

Thinking back a bit it may have been nathanmallard who wanted the 15 inch track.

As it happens, I'm hoping to release version 2 of 'Dearnby & District' in a couple of weeks time and this includes a 15 inch gauge seafront miniature railway with 5 stations and a small shed/yard. In the session that I'll be releasing with it I've used the excellent Ravenglass loco coupled with 'Flying Benches' from the Ffestiniog Railway. These are of course 2ft gauge, but have a substantial side overhang which hides the discrepancy somewhat unless you look very closely. This was because there was no suitable RS on the DLS. The track was from the DLS and I think the overall effect is reasonable in TANE. There is also I think a small tram-style diesel on the DLS, again not true 15" not the skirts disguise the gap. Some more 15" items would be most welcome!

Back