Continuing - Can't Download UMR2019 & others

boleyd

After 30 minutes of exciting viewing of Searching For Assets I continue to be unable to download UMR2019. The green bar moves left to right in a perpetual manner until it fails. This is the third day of trying. Reporting a problem takes me to the horrid morass of the reporting system N3V purchased. It is requires that you certify your problem by going through several steps where some are not relevant. However, if you do not execute them you end up in a loop.

Others may, or may not, have download issues. The vendor has so far not acknowledged any problems. I loaded a new highly rated anti-malware program but running a system scam revealed no issues. Bootstraps (OS reloads), backing off of overclocking, using a different router, multiple database rebuilds. have only yielded ZIP. Other software has no problems.:n:

=======================

Tried downloading the Base Session but no luck. Just stopped downloading with the green bar oscillating awaiting a signal from the primary operation. Photo Below:

mission-code003.jpg

Last edited:
Same here, I went through the process of creating a ticket to N3V, they told me it should work now but I should Force a refresh in Trainz by removing my login and password, then re-entering them, I did and still nothing, just kept's "Searching asset UMR2019"

Hello,

Could there be a problem with the name of the route? When I sort the dependencies of the base session (it downloaded here) in alphabetical order, the route name UMR2019 appears before the A.

Paul

Many of us are having issues with the DLS over the last few days.
Large downloads as in route dependencies are firstly taking a lot longer than normal to find all the bits and start actually downloading anything, then many items don't get downloaded due to:-

Connection interrupted
And
Unable to connect to server

Seems to be able to manage a few items at a time but still takes forever to get started.

Hello Malc,

Well it did not take very long (a few minutes) for the download of the session and its dependencies to start. But the order of the names of the assets in CM suggests that invisible characters may precede the route name.
Do you get the same result, when you list the base session's dependencies? If so, what could be the cause?

Regards,
Paul

We're currently migrating DLS databases to a new server which will address the issue of slow dependency searches. Sorry for the inconvenience while we carry out this necessary maintenance.

Hello Malc,

Well it did not take very long (a few minutes) for the download of the session and its dependencies to start. But the order of the names of the assets in CM suggests that invisible characters may precede the route name.
Do you get the same result, when you list the base session's dependencies? If so, what could be the cause?

Regards,
Paul

OK trying on a different TRS19 install, this one hasn't upgraded to Plus yet as I've left it on the ordinary TRS19 Stream and it happens to have most of the UMR stuff from previous versions in it.
initially I'd agree as UMR2019 was definitely out of place but having clicked the name header a few times to sort it alphabetically it's now in the right place. I suspect its a server issue.

So......
Tried downloading it on that install.

After 40 minutes, It's still trying to download the session dependencies which is taking rather a long time and since I have most of them installed it should be flipping through them, it has actually downloaded about 30 items and no sign of any failure to connect yet. LOL spoke to soon, it's started throwing up Connection interrupted errors again.

Edit: Just seen Tony's post

And the downloads have just started speeding up.

Last edited:
Doing UMR2019 download and it is "working" - a vague term. It quickly skips installed assets. Now after about a minute it is done. Proves computing remains a gray area 60 years later. Where are the intellectual robots who think through all of the permutations of failure and mistakes. They then contrive corrective actions so the humans never see this stuff. Anyhow DLS is ok..

Back