Schedule Rules - Status?

boleyd

There are 6 different rules that begin with the word Schedule. Several month ago when I inquired about problems I had with the "Schedule Rule" the consensus seemed to be that they did not work "anymore". So I forgot about them. Now, looking at the Rules List/Menu I see 6 items beginning with schedule. Are these now valid working rules, or just carry-overs from TANE?

I've wondered about that too. Schedules never worked as we'd expect in Trainz anyway, but that's another ball of wax to melt down someday.

There is a schedule-related rule and driver command you may want to explore that does work even still in TRS19.

The Schedule Library Rule and its related Copy Command from is very useful for setting up multiple consists that run a similar route. This is also most valuable when setting up portals because there is no need to drag in commands for the emitted trains. Simply setup the schedules ahead of time in the Schedule Library then use the Copy Commands from driver command where you pick insert schedule from Library.

When the driver executes this command, that container-object expands to the full list of all the driver commands that you had placed in the original library. The biggest timesaver with this is if there's an error, you simply edit the saved library once, and this fixes all the drivers that use the same schedule. What's nice too is you can edit the expanded commands just like any other entered schedule so if there's an error you can troubleshoot before going back to the library to make the change.

I use this set extensively on all my routes. For my busy tram route, this is most valuable because of the number of drivers following the same route. I also use this on a much bigger route that I have divided into divisions. Drivers running from EK west to OZ have one schedule while those continuing on the OZ west to the portal have another tacked on. You simply tack on the next schedule in the driver command list when setting up your drivers.

I concur with John's post above.
I am using Schedule Library & Copy Commands From in several TRS19 routes.
The largest has 36 schedules including 6 or so using portals.
As far as I can remember - never had any problem using this rule.

Laurie

I concur with John's post above.
I am using Schedule Library & Copy Commands From in several TRS19 routes.
The largest has 36 schedules including 6 or so using portals.
As far as I can remember - never had any problem using this rule.

Laurie

Is it possible that you have not problems with scripts errors, MINs, portals, some driver commands and rules???????????????

The only problem I have seen is one consist that won't completely enter one of the portals.
I feel it is maybe because it is a long consist.
Instead I stop the consist just before the portal and "Delete Train" it - same result!
No problem emitting at all though.
By the way I should mention this is TRS-19 build 98592 - in the later builds, portals do not work at all as far as I have seen.
Laurie

The only problem I have seen is one consist that won't completely enter one of the portals.......this is TRS-19 build 98592 - in the later builds, portals do not work at all as far as I have seen.

Check that your Trainz Launcher --> Trainz Settings --> Dev Tab --> Compatibility is set to MAXIMISE COMPATIBILITY. Portal problems have been the subject of several other threads and this setting seems to resolve all problems with portals not working.

So I got a little carry away and ended with more than 60 schedules inside of the rule. And all of a sudden, things got messed and consists would not follow properly. There must be a limit on how many schedules you could populate the rule. Way around it? Division. Populate the rule with, let's say 30 schedules, and create another rule, called no. 2, and populate it with more schedules. Now trains run perfectly. I think there is a missing amount of information on how to solve problem such as this, and you have to bang your head trying to find ways around it. Another grain of salt?

Back