Scheduling - How To?

boleyd

The route is complete. Time to run a set of trains according to a schedule. I am assuming that there are some trains in the yards (2 yards in this case). There are three portals and there are some cars at customer locations. Mixture of freight and passenger. That begins the day.

This is intended for me to use/ manage and will not be published.

The question: Is there a way to control these elements by using a manageable schedule format?
I have seen recent messages about a "driver schedule rule". Is this the recommended basis for managing this scenario?

I looked at the Wiki and all I found was scheduling for other users of your route. That does not apply to me. I see "scheduling rules/tools" but they seem to be mutually independent and not obviously related in a "system".

I asked this question many years ago and Citron pointed me to some scheduling things. But, is there finally a way to use a computer based schedule to run multiple trains on a large route?:eek:

Windows-11, I7 cpu, RTX 3070 new computer

Last edited:
If you the schedule library, you can set routes from the yards or the portals to the industries, stations or other portals. Portals can be controlled by the Central Portal Control rule or Quick Portal Manager. Use wait commands to control the flow. Its best if portal either emit or consume trains not both.

Rob

Back