Attn: Tony Hilliam - Driver Setup/Driver Schedule version issues

RHKluckhohn

G'day, Tony.

There is a major balls-up in versioning with the Driver Setup rule which prevents it working with the Driver Schedule rule in T:ANE. This appears to have occurred in November, when <kuid:-16:2025> Driver Setup [Build 3.4, Base] was obsoleted by <kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup [Build 4.5, on DLS] I strongly suggest that Driver Setup build 4.5 be withdrawn and replaced with a 5.0 build so that it does not download into T:ANE or 19 and foul up existing sessions. Until the issue is resolved it is no longer possible to create a T:ANE or (I would guess) 19 session using Driver Schedule.

Driver Setup 1485 publishes its driver list in a form that <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule [Build 2.5, T:ANE built-in] cannot read. Driver Setup 1485 being in Build 4.5, it automatically updates in T:ANE, but is not compatible with the only Driver Schedule build available for T:ANE. This breaks any number of existing sessions usable in T:ANE and 19. (There may be other rules it affects, I don't know.)

I filed a bug report on the issue three weeks ago and the QA response was that <kuid2:82445:90001:9> has been updated to version :10 to overcome that. QA states that :10 is available in two routes packaged with 22. They have not responded to the questions, "will it ever be available on the DLS?" and "is it compatible with T:ANE?" From this it appears the updated Driver Schedule is intended only for 22.

I'm not alone in observing this issue. Since this situation renders any number of existing sessions unusable without major rework, I hope it can be speedily resolved.

Regards,

:B~\

Not my area but I will get content guys to check it out. Meanwhile, isn't the solution to simply uninstall the <kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup [Build 4.5, on DLS]?

Not my area but I will get content guys to check it out. Meanwhile, isn't the solution to simply uninstall the <kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup [Build 4.5, on DLS]?

Thanks, Tony.

Your suggestion works, but...

1) If 1485 was filled in while writing the session, the session rule must be replaced in the session and set up all over again;

2) Next time T:ANE checks its database, 1485 will be downloaded once more and the issue repeats;

3) Any session uploaded with 2025 will download to the customer with 1485 instead, with resulting loss of function.

I've experienced all of these in trying to work with it.

Also see posts on the topic from others within the last 48 hours.

:B~[

I have just started up using TANE again and have found that the Driver Schedule rule is totally UNUSABLE at this point for sure. You can check my recent post for the symptoms of the problem I had after deleting 1485. In my session I find this rule essential to the overall game play. Do you think that anyone will have a fix for it soon?

I have just started up using TANE again and have found that the Driver Schedule rule is totally UNUSABLE at this point for sure. You can check my recent post for the symptoms of the problem I had after deleting 1485. In my session I find this rule essential to the overall game play. Do you think that anyone will have a fix for it soon?

Wow, I sure hope this gets fixed soon ! I'll be needing it coming up soon for the route I've been working on in TANE for the last few years.

I don't think N3V or anybody will be prioritising fixing something for an 8 year old game when there's 2 newer versions that take actual priority. If the assets were updated to work in a newer version, they won't be changing it back. Perhaps it might be time for an upgrade - 19 is incredibly cheap and is lights out better than TANE, it looks AND performs far better.

I don't think N3V or anybody will be prioritising fixing something for an 8 year old game when there's 2 newer versions that take actual priority. If the assets were updated to work in a newer version, they won't be changing it back. Perhaps it might be time for an upgrade - 19 is incredibly cheap and is lights out better than TANE, it looks AND performs far better.

Heh. This issue also afflicts 19, because the updated Driver Schedule rule is (so far) only for 22, whereas the updated Driver Setup rule is apparently for T:ANE, 19 and perhaps 22.

N3V has responded several days ago by email that they are considering the best way to address the issue and make Driver Schedule update work in T:ANE/19. I live in hope (not B.C., though it's a nice little town.)

:B~)

I wouldn't expect you to know this, but....
I've made hundreds of content scenery items over the years for personal use that won't work in any version higher than TANE. I'm not about to go back to each one and modify them. On top of that , every time I've imported my route(s) to a newer version, I get set back a few months of having to correct all the things that were broken in the transfer.

There's no good reason now to break an essential rule that TANE needs.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect you to know this, but....
I've made hundreds of content scenery items over the years for personal use that won't work in any version higher that TANE. I'm not about to go back to each one and modify them. On top of that , every time I've imported my route(s) to a newer version, I get set back a few months of having to correct all the things that were broken in the transfer.

There's no good reason now to break a essential rule that TANE needs.

Well said. Some of us have a considerable investment in assets that will only function properly in TANE. TRS19/TRS22 might be the latest and greatest, but I've given up trying to build or create anything in it.

You're seriously telling me that TRS19 will perform better than TANE on my 8Gb Laptop with Intel Integrated Graphics - and that it works on Linux? Because TANE does both of those for me...

Besides, why should I upgrade my version of Trainz just because N3V released a bugged rule with the wrong version number on it? That's the sort of thing Microsoft do, and precisely why I switched to Linux in the first place.

Back