Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 99618 (for Gold Class members)

Default Trainz Plus Beta 99618 (for Gold Class members)

Our first update for Gold Class members is now available for Beta Testing for PC only (Mac to follow next week).

This Beta Test is a "very close to final release" standard. There are some known issues (listed below) and we don't expect a long list of new issues to arise. But, that's why we want as many testers as possible to jump on board.

Instructions:
    To become a tester, the instructions are simple:
    1. Ensure your Gold Class Membership is active (if you don't have one there's $5 off your first month at the moment )
    2. Take a backup of your current version of TRS19 (Build 98592 only).
    3. Launch TRS19
    4. Click Trainz Settings > Install Tab
    5. Click "Change Trainz Update Stream"
    6. Follow the prompts and click "Change Stream"
    7. Select "Trainz Plus" from the list, then OK and Done.
    8. Now click on "Check for Trainz Updates"
    9. Follow the prompts to update.

More Information:
    You can read more information at the news page here.

For specific information on the new functionality, we strongly recommend you use the in-game '?' tool which, when used, takes you to the appropriate Trainz Plus wiki page.

We are keen to hear your feedback on the new features/functionailty. Don't be shy, or if you don't want to post here, use our Feedback at n3vgames email address.

As with all things, once you know how to make the most of the new systems, we're confident you're going to love them.

Known Issues:
    • The build has "Assertions Enabled" and so will provide certain developer related information via messages.
    • Generally you can just click Continue and carry on.
    • Initial loading of the main menu scene takes longer than usual
    • Initial load of first few sessions will show "compiling shaders" longer than usual
    • Crash on exiting Tutorial 1 (Driver). This may occur on other routes.
    • Tutorial 10 - Steam Driver Control digital readouts stuck at 100%
    • Some steam loco keyboard controls not working (sliders are working)
    • Field of View controls still being tweaked
    • File > "Install purchased items from Disk" is showing but not enabled
    • TANE icon appears on the Windows taskbar

Also note that patching does not overwrite your current control settings, so you will need to enter your own hotkeys for the new cameras.

Prototypes:

Drone Anchor:
    There is a prototype "Anchor" system included for the new Drone camera.

Use Ctrl-Left click to target a traincar or even the terrain. Your arrow keys then orbit you around the target and mouse is used to pitch up and down.

Change cameras to escape from this control system.

Console controller:
    We'd love to hear from everyone who has a controller (even if you don't usually use one with your PC).
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; March 17th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Hi Tony

Followed your instructions - update went smoothly. On starting, I get an error "Unable to authorise this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details". Tried deleting and reinserting username and password to no avail. Previous versions worked OK. I am a current Gold member.

Any suggestions??

Regards

David

Hi David - system is live now, thanks
    Tony Hilliam

Thanks Tony. Looks like I jumped the gun a bit

No - it's all my fault for missing one step in the "making everything live" release process.

Enjoy :-)
    Tony Hilliam

Does this address the stuttering problem?

Updating to Trainz Plus was smooth, no problems at all, now updated and running.

Ron

EDIT: And omg, I LOVE the new camera options! Thanks for that

EDIT 2: And now we can walk on the layout too
    Last edited by RW912; March 14th, 2019 at 05:24 AM.

Does this address the stuttering problem?
    If you are talking about the stutter that is solved by hiding the HUD, then we believe so. We do not have a reliable repro case on any of our hardware here, so if you do, then please let us know if the issue is solved.

We've made a number of changes in this area (and have some more in progress for the next update), so things should be smoother.
    Tony Hilliam

Updated without any problem. Cameras looking good.

Opened last saved session on my route and in session settings all rules (except for 6 default rules) which I added are missing so it looks as new session.
    Weird !

Closed the Surveyor, open for edit original copy of my session, all settings OK, saved and opened again - all OK.
    Testing is on. I just have to find all menus which are now quite different.

Kind Regards
    Darko
    Last edited by buci; March 14th, 2019 at 07:02 AM.

Downloaded ok moved a route via CDP from original install 98592 into the new 99618 and found a lot of missing assets including built in. My 98592 version has all the DLC content downloaded but 99618 only has a couple of DLC downloads. AJS Invisible station kuid2:122285:3401:22 Shows built in for 98592 but unknown in 99618 which only has kuid2:122285:3401:20. Is the 22 version hidden in one of the DLC downloads and if so why is it not on the DLS for update? Those who build routes may use assets that have been updated in a DLC package without knowing that those who don't have the package will have it as missing content.

Edit Ctrl + F2 for quick drive not working. Quick drive does work from the tool bar.
    Last edited by stagecoach; March 17th, 2019 at 06:16 PM.

After a few hours testing on my route I find quite degraded performance. Lot of stutter with and without user interface with usual roaming camera.

Kind Regards
    Darko

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Well I'm still configuring my system and will be testing soon. I cloned my TRS2019 data and program and will use that instead of my "production" version so nothing gets ruined in case things decide to go weird. This will give me a chance to test things in the same environment I use now with TRS2019 and with the same data so everything will be apples to apples.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

United States of America, Florida, WinterHaven

i am creating a 200 mile route and everything seems much snappier to me. the only issue i am having, when i usually put textures down, i would left click and then right click to fill large areas, that doesn't work now.

more problems, every 15-30 minutes i crash to the desktop for no reason. sometimes when i save my route the sim crashes.
    more over when i close trainz 19 rail driver doesn't go back to RD, it stays on 0. if the sim crashes, raildriver doesn't know the sim crashed and stays on 0. everytime this happens i have to restart my pc.
    i am getting a crash window which i have already sent in, continue, exit, ignore errors. for an extensive test i shouldn't have all these problems, i had 0 problems before this update, the new features are great.
    Last edited by nugget2225; March 15th, 2019 at 07:19 AM. Reason: more issues
    Windows 10 Pro 1903,Intel 8700k at 5.1ghz,gtx 1080 ti,
    32 gb ddr4 corsair 3200mhz, 480gb m.2 x2 with RD. Trainz build 100240

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I really like the new camera options.

There's an interface issue I would like to address though.

If we have no driver selected, such as while in walk mode, we shouldn't see the previously selected driver's route profile move along or at all in the interface. This is the same with the other none-driver associated cameras as well including fly, drone, and car.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

United States of America, New York, Staten Island

I tested the new camera options but I wish that I can drive the car instead of choosing an AI (traffic) car. The keyboard controls to rotate the world in Surveyor mode don't work. I tried using the game controller and it worked but I don't want vibrations from the controller.