Merged route and personal changes to available routes thread

escd84

Unfortunately, I have not found a suitable thread covering the topic in particular. So I start this time.

There are certainly people out there who had not so much fun building their own routes, but you can build your own big routes with relatively little effort. There are many great things out there that are easy to combine, or get a new, different look with bulk replace of assets. This thread can serve as inspiration what is possible.

Here's a great example, not from me but from user JohnnyC1 to find in the Trainz gallery which he had posted some time ago. Here is the link for the source.

PVR-route-map..jpg

I myself have also made a route which offers me a lot of work and movements, but still not too big. The basis is my Yard Module and one of my favorites routes, Maxwerks Corpus Christi route. The latter I have given it a different look so that it fits better into the environment of my route.

In the background my route, in foreground Corpus Christi with changes.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
I've wanted to make these changes to Kickstarter County for a long time...

Also shaved off the baseboards without tracks or buildings...

:wave: Hello Folks,

Did I just here the MERGE word spoken here?????/,,,,,;)

Well let me tell you a little story........

About 4 yrs and 3 months ago, I found Trainz while playing some games on IPAD 2, yes, by today's standards a Dinosaur for sure........Trainz Driver2, read the comments, and I came from Steam 10 yrs before that.....Steam was OK, but running the Rail Simulators and not being able to change the Route, got old quickly for me.........

I started the game, (Trainz Driver 2) found a small 2 tile Route from DSL, played with it for a while, learning how to work in surveyor, during that time, added on 4 more tiles, then for some unknown reason, I decided too find another Route, outback Australia, and merged them together with help of several members.........From that time on, I learned a lot about merging, what you could and couldn't do........Was I scared with my first merge, nope, more like totally frustrated, because I was a newbie, and I didn't really understand the proper Merge procedure, and using an old IPAD didn't help things either. :'(

Fast forward to last year, pre TRS19, my largest merge was 17 small to medium size Routes, did I have some issues, yes, height differences, Texture Quakes, etc....Nothing I haven't had to dealt with before.......

Merging is so much fun, but it can take a lot of work to make the merge come together with a smooth transition of Tiles.......:cool:

One thing to make sure you do, work off copies, not the originals, especially if you have done serious amount of changes to the Routes your going to merge.......Backup and make Copies...........

The merge map displayed here, looks like one exciting Route to run on.......Thank you for sharing with us.......

Thank you for the shout out. Since the time of the last screenshoot I have modified the Pioneer Valley many times, still a WIP. The route as shown has grown to the North, South and West.

John

I'm not sure if this is the only thread here about merged routes, but I've been doing it too. My one merged mega route I've been doing for several years is my own version of the "DB Together" routes that celje have made, but some routes aren't on the DLS plus I made it more mainline oriented with my own custom transition sections even though there are some branch lines/shortlines branching out from it. This is because I would rather spend more time running mainline services even though some services can start in the branches.

The routes I have used for this are:
1. GER Hauptbahnhof Modul - neandertal
2. Wirtshatswunder DE - richardbogner (Fixed, now has functional switches)
3. Weistritzbahn - p?ngel_anton
4. Modellbahn04_SC - rudi0310
5. German Trainz - vanjag (from Trainz Landscape)
6. Ruppiner Eisenbahn - rastino
7. UTM Bhf Bu IV - betriebsleiter
8. Niddertalbahn - Trainz-Multiplayer (The TANE version)
9. Die Niedergrundbahn Herbst T:ANE Version 3.0 - roembach
10. Auhagen 60s - sg1 (from the old Virtual Motive Division website of the early 2000s via the Wayback Machine)
11. Muensterland - pangel_anton
12. S-Bahn Süddeutschland Final Version - hoki2018
13. Mosauerbahn - kinglouis15 (Too basic, but I am fixing it for added realism)
14. The Black Forest - Auran
15. Deutsche Reichsbahn - beyer_garratt

Note: Not all of these routes are realistic, especially the classic Black Forest route, but I just want to see if that can be connected to a larger network. This could also be ongoing as I collect more small German routes and stitch them together.

Last edited:
Back