avoiding database corruption

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
IIRC, there used to be a feature that would place a TADDaemon icon in the Windows task bar so that after Trainz was closed, I could see that the database work was not finished. Once that icon disappeared, it was safe to close the computer. Now I have to keep task manager open to see that TRS19 is still active in the background even though the program is closed. Only once it has completely closed do I close the computer. Is it possible to have a similar indicator in the Windows task bar so that database cleanup is not interrupted?

I have not had this problem since T:ANE, and now TRS19. These are a different setup and 64 bit, not the laggy slow process like TS12.

No issues here with closing down either.

There is no TadDaemon that was a separate executable and TANE and TRS19 are a different program / game engine.

These are a different setup and 64 bit, not the laggy slow process like TS12.
TRS19 will frequently continue running, with high CPU usage, after the user has shut it down.

However, either it is not doing database updates, or the database is getting repaired silently in the background at next startup, because shutting down while it is still working does not seem to cause a problem.

So it's just my paranoia that kicks in when I see TRS19 still doing something after it has closed? Silent repair or not, I think I'll keep letting it finish, just in case.

Back