Trainz icon

LouP73

Anyone know why or how my trainz.exe file lost it's icon and is now just a white rectangle? This lost icon issue has also spread to the shortcut on my desktop. When I try to change the icon manually I see the proper icon as a selection for my desktop shortcut but it will not change at all.

LouP

Try RIGHT-clicking on the generic Windows icon and select Properties. There should be a button marked "Change Icon". If you click that button, a popup window should have the proper icon for you to select.

If this doesn't work. Delete the icon and go to your installation folder and RIGHT click the Trainz executable. Select "Send to..." --> Desktop (create icon). This should give you a new desktop icon with the proper picture.

Bill

Hi Bill, thanks but I tried all that. The problem seems to source right from the program. If I navigate to my Trainz program folder using windows explorer, even the .exe file is without an icon. New to me, also.

LouP

That is odd, LouP. It happened to me once as well. I cleared it by using my method. If you hzve a backup, does the executable in the backup have the icon? If so, then re-copy the EXE back to your main drive.

Bill

Nope, no BU. I just recently bought TANE online during a sale. Once I started tinkering again, I realized I missed it lol

LouP

If you go to the Properties of your desktop icon, click the "Change Icon", but this time click the "browse" button, go to your install folder, and select the EXE file. See that works. Other than this, I have no more ideas.

Bill

Hi Bill, That would not work. I cleared my icon cache and it came back on it's own after that. :)

LouP

It happens to me often, for the icons on the desktop program bar, restart solve it usually, but TANE is the only program doing this so I assume it is just another imperfection from N3V works.

Back