Dang it!!!! Hulett Unloader and Ore Carrier Edmund don't work in TRS19.....

roca999

Some of my favorite assets just don't work in TRS19. How am I suppose to know what is suppose to work and what will not work from previous trainz? Is there something in the config file I that is not too technical that I can mess with? I sure would like to get the ore carrier to unload it's ore.

Last edited:
The ship, Ore Carrier Edmund Fitzgerald (kuid2:60238:9042:2), will not unload its mineral ore at the Hulett Ore Unloader (kuid2:60238:27513:1), under AI direction. It pulls up almost centered with the buoy, stops momentarily and then continues moving as if its doing a move unload. The ship is suppose to stop centered with the buoy, the bay doors open, and then interact with the Hulett, animation begins simulating the ship unload process.

These are Vulcan assets and probably will require an author fix. Since they are not on any N3V payware route they sure are not going to bother with it.
The animation Vulcan put into this is fantastic.

This sounds like a scripting issue which is well beyond anything that most end-users can fix due to the programming aspects of the scripting language. It's actually similar to C++ or Java if you're interested.

This asset maybe on the repair list being tackled by the Content Repair Group (CRG). When it gets updated is hard to say due to the shear number of assets needing update.

Thanks for the reply. I got it to work. I noticed that the ship would pass the center mark at the buoy, even with a 5 mi speed limit. I reversed the direction of the ship coming in to unload and noticed it stops closer to the center mark. I remember from way back, I think, I am old, having this problem before. I figured to reduce the ship speed even more may put it in a reasonable distance of the center mark and behold....IT WORDED!!! You know how hard it is to find an invisible speed limit you can set below 5 miles an hour. I found one, kuid2:137715:23002:3, Invisible Speed -Signal v2 (TRS2004 Sp2) and it works great. I set it for 4 miles an hour. The ship stops almost dead on center. I have not tried it yet with Vulcan's other ships but I am quite happy it works with the big ship. Apparently with a fully loaded ship it takes just a little longer to make a complete stop in TRS19. Only reason I can come up with for the ship passing the center mark. Maybe take a look at the script to see if there is a radius setting???

Hi guys,

There has always been problems with getting ships to stop correctly, Auran admitted that it was not accurate when I asked about it. You may recall the original Auran oil tanker cars, they have a loading pipe attached to the car that is visible when the car stops and is loading, this way the pipe was always correctly located with respect to the car center. Having a pipe as part of the loading industry would never align with the stopped cars.

If you are experimenting with loading use DCC to enable you to stop in the correct location, this should verify that the models work. Under AI, you need to slow the ships down with speed signs. I placed flashing lights and strips on the models so you could locate the center points of ships and industry models.

You could experiment with the trigger radius in the Hulett loader, in the config file, but it is better to get the ships to stop correctly with speed signs so the hatches align with the loader. Be aware that loaded ships take a lot longer to stop than unloaded ones.

Ian

Back