Extended Data Base Repair

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
I did an extended database repair today. No problems. But I have a question.

Before I did the database repair there were 2 items showing in the "today" selection in CM. I know what these were from.

After I did the extended database repair the "today" selection showed 208 items. My question: are these outdated assets that are being updated automatically (many of them were from the DLS) because they all showed a modification date of today, or is something else going on here.

The reason I ask is that I have modified the config file on some of the DLS assets and I know that some of them have in fact been updated on the DLS since I did my modification. So if the extended database repair is updating out of date assets does it skip over the ones that have been modified or are they also updated.

No assets are out of date as you might think due to the E-DBR. The modification date in this case is the date that the database index was touched, which resets the flag to the current date. If you query on Out of Date, you'll see whatever this is that's truly out of date and this is based on what is on the DLS compared to what you have installed. Content Manager picks up on this information when you log in into T:ANE.

Back