Uninstall TRS19?

brucem56

Bit of a problem here - how do I know which to uninstall? Looking at my control panel, I have 4 copies of TANE installed, although going by the icons I suspect 2 are TRS19. No idea how I wound up with so many installs.

I want to uninstall TRS19, reinstall on another drive. I wish to do a full uninstall because I want the new install to be vanilla, not Beta.

Any/all help appreciated.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

You only have a single install. Windows gets confused by the patcher which for some reason produces other entries into the Add-Remove programs, Apps and Features these days.

No need to unistall. Just copy your TRS19 install folder to the new drive.

Before you do so, check in the Trainz Settings > Install tab for your local data folder. When you have copied the Install folder, start the Launcher and change the path to the original local data folder then restart Trainz. (This will point your new install location to the original local data).

No need to unistall. Just copy your TRS19 install folder to the new drive.

Before you do so, check in the Trainz Settings > Install tab for your local data folder. When you have copied the Install folder, start the Launcher and change the path to the original local data folder then restart Trainz. (This will point your new install location to the original local data).

Will this get me back to a Vanilla copy, non Beta? I don't think so.

It depends on what you are trying to do. That change will get you back to a vanilla TRS19. Your content will not be changed, so that might not be vanilla.

I'm currently on Beta 97271 - how does simply moving the install folder get me back to Vanilla non Beta? I want to uninstall and reinstall to non beta as I originally said in my first post.

Is it not possible to uninstall the game?

Sorry I missed that part.

Depending on exactly when you installed and which patches you applied, you should find the program in Windows Programs (or Apps these days) under "TRS2019".

You can also delete the install folder, or just leave the beta where it is and install the Early Access version again.

However, we will be releasing an update shortly which will get you pretty much back to the current build (with an extra week of fixes and updates included).

If there is a problem with the current build, and you haven't reported it, now would be a good time: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Back