TRS19 Library Cache Corrupted

SodorProductions

A Thomas Trainz Fan
As the title says. I've got my TRS19 installed on an external hard drive due to lack of space on my actual computer atm, but said external has had the frequent misfortune of becoming "unplugged" even at the slightest hint of shifting. I've consistently run chkdsk when plugging it back in and it found nothing every time, but this time...it's corrupted the Library Cache, and the usual method of chkdsk (Which afaik is Method 1, when there's a popup saying to scan the disk for errors), isn't doing anything (I feel like it wasn't doing its job before tho), and now I'm getting repeats of this popup when trying to do a Database repair:

OFg08Ym.png

What exactly do I need to do to fix this? Do I need to completely uninstall and reinstall, or use another method of running Chkdsk? I just installed some new content and wanted to use it. Much as I hate this issue with the connection between my device and external being ridiculously sensitive to movement, I still very much enjoy playing with Trainz ofc, and I'd like to resolve this so I can return to doing what I love.

You can run an Extended Database Repair (EDBR) by holding down the CTRL-key while selecting Repair database located under the Developer menu item on the Launcher.

This should automatically delete the cache information and rebuild the database. I recommend once you do the EDBR that you check for faulty assets. Highlight those assets, right-click, and choose View errors and warnings. This will show you any corrupted assets that need replacing and also clear up any false warnings.

Once you do this, change the view to another screen such as Installed and then repeat the view errors and warnings again on any faulty content to refresh the cached information. If there are any faulty assets remaining, you need to repair or replace the assets.

If the EDBR doesn't repair the corrupted cache, you can delete those files manually using File Explorer.

Navigate to your Trainz data folder located on your external drive.
Open up the cache\libraries folder. (don't delete the cache folder!
Delete the files inside.

File Explorer will appear to hang for a minute or two. Let it process it's handling a bunch of small files and the progress bar moves faster than the number of small files. Once it's completed the progress bar will close.

After these files are deleted, they will be reloaded when you start up Trainz again.

Ok, I've done an EDBR. I've been looking through the installed tab, and stuff that's built-in is now faulty, so I checked the faults. DLC assets are not activated and "unavailable". Not sure how to fix that. Looking through the tabs to try and find more faulty things like that or anything else that's faulty or falsely flagged as faulty.

Speaking of Unavailable DLC- a question! A while back I bought TANE DLC (Season Town), which I now have in TS19. I just bought some more dlc, one being the Pottery Loop Line. I thought that was compatible with TS19 too, given what happened with Season Town, but I'm checking the Content Store window and its labelled as "Unavailable". So did I just buy DLC that I can't use with TS19? Ouch.

Ok, I've done an EDBR. I've been looking through the installed tab, and stuff that's built-in is now faulty, so I checked the faults. DLC assets are not activated and "unavailable". Not sure how to fix that. Looking through the tabs to try and find more faulty things like that or anything else that's faulty or falsely flagged as faulty.

Speaking of Unavailable DLC- a question! A while back I bought TANE DLC (Season Town), which I now have in TS19. I just bought some more dlc, one being the Pottery Loop Line. I thought that was compatible with TS19 too, given what happened with Season Town, but I'm checking the Content Store window and its labelled as "Unavailable". So did I just buy DLC that I can't use with TS19? Ouch.
I don't know much about the purchase part. With your built-in and DLC assets that show faulty, highlight those, right-click, and then Revert to original.

If that doesn't fix it, you may have to download the content again.

Given that the drive disconnected while it is in operation, I would be inclined to run a disk check on it. Right-click on the drive in File Explorer then properties and choose Tools from the tabs then choose Check. This will, hopefully, not find anything wrong with the disk and data but if it does, it will repair the disk.

Back