I want the community's opinion before I upload this piece of content

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
First off, this question will be a bit polarizing regarding the situation. Anyway, last year I asked the late bendorsey to take his 'WP&Y_Carcross_Coal_Platform', <KUID2:210518:11633:1>, and have it instead of consume coal instead produce coal. The reason why was because railroads such as shortlines and tourist railways have or had a coal bin like that that they would load the tenders of their steam locomotives from. He managed to quickly make it and sent it to me for testing. It worked perfectly and I gave him permission to upload it. The only thing is he passed away before it could be uploaded to the Download Station. Now I know that it is illegal to upload content that is NOT your KUID, but I want to see this end up on the Download Station. The only solution seems to be is to make a clone and then upload it under my KUID. I know that you have to ask the creator's permission before uploading a modified version of their content, but I gave the creator permission to upload it. Therefore, should I be able to upload it to the DLS using my KUID? In my opinion, I don't see this as stealing someone else's content, which bendorsey made at my request, I'm just finishing off what bendorsey started. So would it be legal or illegal to upload it?

Just upload it.

Make a small note explaining the working arrangement you had with Ben.

Should be no big deal.

The only thing I see is how did the coal magically jump off a loaded railcar into the bin ... and how does the coal magically jump off the bin onto an empty railcar ... as it has no chute or conveyor

Last edited:
Just upload it.

Make a small note explaining the working arrangement you had with Ben.

Should be no big deal.

That's what I wanted to know. It also had a script error but I managed to solve that on my own, which is something that doesn't happen often.

The only thing I see is how did the coal magically jump off horizontally a loaded railcar into the bin ... and how does the coal magically jump off the bin horizontally onto an empty railcar ... as it has no chute or conveyor

The only thing I see is how did the coal magically jump off horizontally a loaded railcar into the bin ... and how does the coal magically jump off the bin horizontally onto an empty railcar ... as it has no chute or conveyor

Let me clarify my post. I asked him to turn WP&Y_Carcross_Coal_Platform into a coaling platform to load coal into the tenders of steam locomotives like those found on tourist railways and shortlines across the world, and he did just that.

I mean, i'm pretty sure when Ben passed on, all of his stuff was put in public domain for anyone to use, edit, and redistribute. There was a thread a while back detailing all of the new freedoms. A quick search should help ya find it.

Let me clarify my post. I asked him to turn WP&Y_Carcross_Coal_Platform into a coaling platform to load coal into the tenders of steam locomotives like those found on tourist railways and shortlines across the world, and he did just that.
I would hate to be the one who hand shoveled 10 tons of coal, up out of a bin, and throw it up into a tender, one shovel full at a time ... it would take hours of manual labor, shoveling by hand, without a conveyor, or a front end loader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM6cSXUn1Xw

Last edited:
a thought ...can one modify it to have an input side and also output on the other side so that one can run coal to it as well as loading coal ?

Back