Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk trees

@forester1 - ST_RMM trees, author is rmm. All are on DLS. It's best to filter category flora and download anything above build 4.0. You may already have some installed.
    @Chris750 - It's a desktop. i5 7600, 8gb ram, Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6gb OC (108%) A nice T:ANE beast. Sorry for late reply, I didn't see your question til now
    cheers
    Graeme

Tried to download some
    toxa_batoxa. Forest splines or something? Anyway every one of them was faulty because the latest mesh library is missing something:
    ; <kuid2:19691:101371:1> Validating <kuid2:19691:101371:1>
    - <kuid2:19691:101371:1> VE34: Alias mesh '1/1/10.im' not found in latest version (<kuid2:19691:100014:2>) of dependency <kuid:19691:100014>.
    - <kuid2:19691:101371:1> VE76: Unable to load mesh file: '1/1/10.im'
    - <kuid2:19691:101371:1> VE34: Alias mesh '1/2/10.im' not found in latest version (<kuid2:19691:100014:2>) of dependency <kuid:19691:100014>.
    - <kuid2:19691:101371:1> VE76: Unable to load mesh file: '1/2/10.im'

TRS 2019 - This is not your father's PBR.....

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I concur with Vern. Malc's trees are great billboards and also perform very well given what they are. Remember billboard trees need some extra processing in order to be displayed in your route unlike Speed Trees which make full use of your graphics card.
    Assuming you have a very good graphics card and given the same number of trees, would you expect to get better frame rates from billboard trees or Speed Trees? More to the point on my routes is it better to use billboard trees or Speed Trees if I want to optimize the frame rates.

Question Ques about your ROG?

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    @forester1 - ST_RMM trees, author is rmm. All are on DLS. It's best to filter category flora and download anything above build 4.0. You may already have some installed.
    @Chris750 - It's a desktop. i5 7600, 8gb ram, Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6gb OC (108%) A nice T:ANE beast. Sorry for late reply, I didn't see your question til now
    cheers
    Graeme

Hello Graeme,

I see you have a ROG computer, how do you like it?

I plan to hangup my week kneed HP Envy with stupid integrated GPU for a ROG NVidia 4MG asap......

I could get 6mg GPU, but it will kill the Battery, at least that's what I read from reviews which said, you'd need at least 2 power bricks to keep the battery alive.....if traveling away from Plugs........LOL

A nickle for you thoughts Sir........When you get a chance.....Thanks

For those like me welded to the SpeedTress by rmm, this page is invaluable:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...65#post1440565

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    For those like me welded to the SpeedTress by rmm, this page is invaluable:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...65#post1440565

Phil
    Oh, nice!​ Thank you!

An invaluable post....never knew about rmm's flora...now I am damned hooked on his stuff. So much so that my complete route will have a tree overhaul.
    Cheers,
    Val.
    Where the hell is that fountain of youth

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Hello Graeme,

I see you have a ROG computer, how do you like it?

I plan to hangup my week kneed HP Envy with stupid integrated GPU for a ROG NVidia 4MG asap......

I could get 6mg GPU, but it will kill the Battery, at least that's what I read from reviews which said, you'd need at least 2 power bricks to keep the battery alive.....if traveling away from Plugs........LOL

A nickle for you thoughts Sir........When you get a chance.....Thanks
    Hi Blue,
    It's just a custom desktop with an Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6gb OC108%, coupled to an i5 7600 and 8gb ram. It flies. If I was to be purchasing a laptop for Trainz, I would be looking for something like an Acer Predator with a built in 6gb 1060. Over here they only come with an i7 and 16gb ram. But at least get one with the best graphics in your price range for future proofing.
    cheers
    Graeme

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Hi Blue,
    It's just a custom desktop with an Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6gb OC108%, coupled to an i5 7600 and 8gb ram. It flies. If I was to be purchasing a laptop for Trainz, I would be looking for something like an Acer Predator with a built in 6gb 1060. Over here they only come with an i7 and 16gb ram. But at least get one with the best graphics in your price range for future proofing.
    cheers
    Graeme
    Thank you Sir, Much appreciated, I'll check it............

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Tried to download some toxa_batoxa. Forest splines or something? Anyway every one of them was faulty because the latest mesh library is missing something

If you delete the latest version of the library and download (use 'Download this version...') <kuid2:19691:100014:1> to replace it then the assets will work. The assets you list have not been updated to the latest version of the library. There might be other assets that have been updated, and will stop working when you delete the latest library version. Unfortunately, there is no way that the two libraries can exist side-by-side - a serious design problem in the asset versioning system.

The failure to update these assets to match the latest version of the library should be brought to the attention of the original creator.

Thanks for the tip SailorDan. Looks like better avoided for now. Too much work to figure out what will work with what....
    TRS 2019 - This is not your father's PBR.....

Excellent thread, the linked translation one too. Bookmarked.