Bulk Unload Building/Shed

stouthm

Get over it
Thought I had the perfect building, kuid:121794:12028, by hupfgeign, but of course I didn't pay attention to the description until I tried to use it, not for standard guage. I've been looking for some type of unloading building/shed for bulk items such as woodchips with no luck. What I have found is either too small or too large. Need something that one or two rail cars would fit in. Nothing fancy, just a plain building or shed. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

Thought I had the perfect building, kuid:121794:12028, by hupfgeign, but of course I didn't pay attention to the description until I tried to use it, not for standard guage. I've been looking for some type of unloading building/shed for bulk items such as woodchips with no luck. What I have found is either too small or too large. Need something that one or two rail cars would fit in. Nothing fancy, just a plain building or shed. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

Check over at Jointed Rail under their freeware scenery items. There's all kinds of unloading sheds, and stuff that might be helpful. Dave Snow too has made various building that might work as well.

John, I can always count on you to help. I've been through the JR items and as stated they are too small or too big. I've checked all of Dave's items that I have downloaded but if I have to I will wade through his humongous list and see if I can find something that I haven't downloaded yet. Thanks for your suggestions.

I haven't looked at hupfgeign's asset yet but it may be possible to replace the NG track with a SG track. You will need to identify what kuid the current NG track is by listing the dependencies. Once you have that you will need to identify what the kuid is of the SG track you want to use. Clone hupfgeign's asset and then open the config.txt and replace every instance of the NG kuid with the SG kuid. Change the user name and save it.

You will not be able to share this asset without hupfgeign's permission but if you are doing this for your own private route, no problem.

Another member who is always ready to help. I already tried replacing the track and it was not a problem. The problem is the building itself. It was made for a smaller guage so even though the track is good to go the loco and woodchip cars do not fit in the building. Yes, I checked out hupfgeigin's items on the dls but couldn't find anything to help me. A lot of his creations are for 760mm. Thanks for checking in. I'll let you guys know if I find anything in this thread.

Tracks with piles
<kuid2:128094:27002:1> BI Woodchips Unload Dock
<kuid:86311:45054> Log-to-woodchip unloader

These might work well if you can find a track with grating and some form of conveyor.

Some of these in combination with the tracks above might work for you
<kuid:283805:28452> Building Cockenzie coal unloader
<kuid2:283805:28455:1> Building Oxwellmains coal unloading shed
<kuid:287284:1022> Coal Unloading Facility
<kuid2:124017:10054:3> Bulk-Granular/Liquids Unloading Facility
<kuid2:86311:45154:1> Ground-grilled Unloader
<kuid:101046:100090> Co-Op Railcar Loading Unloading Building DES
<kuid:101046:100917> Ethanol Plant, Railcar Unloading Building
<kuid:101046:100093> Co-Op Truck Unloading Building DES
<kuid:86311:1819> Ground-grilled Unloader dusty
<kuid:86311:1810> Ground-grilled Unloader rusted
<kuid:101046:100182> Paper Mill Pulp Unloading Building
<kuid:101046:100044> Railcar Loading Unloading Building DES
<kuid:101046:100260> Paper Mill Pulpwood Unloading Building No Track DES
<kuid:549274:100069> Paper Mill Pulpwood Unloading Building No Track DES
<kuid:549274:100061> Paper Mill Pulp Unloading Brick Building

Really big woodchip unloader
<kuid:430547:100063> YR Woodchip Unloader - Rail, E-W
<kuid2:430547:100061:1> YR Woodchip Unloader - Rail, N-S

Last edited:
Norm, you've been busy. Thanks for the list. I already had some of those items and unfortunately they weren't what I'm looking for. I did find a building that will work until something else pops up. It's the TPR Dante Engine House, kuid:64038:28035. Long in tooth but it works for me. Again, thanks for your efforts.

How about this building?

I think it's called Warehouse2 brown (I think that there's other colors to choose from) 30671:27026.

It accommodates 4 railcars, but you could restrict its usage for only two cars if you choose. I used 3 60ft chip gons and when I pushed the 3 inside, my unit disappeared.

I use this building to unload dry chemicals from covered hoppers.

I tried to formulate my screenshots like TANE shots.

YGRrOG6.jpg

mt3WEhq.jpg

rgcx, thanks for checking in and a big thank you for all the rolling stock you have provided us. My routes are full due to your efforts. Yes, I looked at that building but what I'm trying to do is place a building in an area that is already established. This woodchip unloading is a after-thought idea. If I used a bigger building than I would have to move tracks, switches, buildings, trees, change the terrain and that's just one area. I have two other areas with the same problem. In short, I'm trying to fit a building into a existing area without a lot of changes. In post #7 I found a temporary solution until I find something else.

Back