The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Hmmmm. Yes, I see. It downloads OK, but when I try to extract it, I get an error from 7zip that it cannot extract because it is not an archive. Turns out what you get is a 12k html file having something to do with javascript, but no actual zip file.

EDIT: There was a set of FEFs done by user ANL, but there is nothing in the config.txt. The description seems to indicate RRMods, but I don't see anything in the Wayback RRMods. I tried to check the current RRMods site, but searches for UP FEF or just FEF or Challenger come up with nothing. Just UP brings up 75 pages worth, and I did not look through it all, as the other keys should have hit somewhere. Maybe someone out there knows how to get this?
The name of the CDP file is "Loco UP FEF & Challenger #3939"

Last edited:
huh. well thats unfortunate.. I did hear from daylight though that he might PBR the textures and possibly repost the USSC FEFs (backshops not NARM) to trainz forge.

heres something interesting though. I found out at one point that ANL apparently not only made the FEFS, challengers, TTTs, CSA engines, and a bull moose, but rumor has it he also made a big boy.

Yes, but what about Trainman7616's WM H-9? Has it been abandoned or is it released or private?

As thenelm mentions above, TrainzForge has all of ANLs FEFs, FEF-3, Challengers, 9000 series, CSAs, and the bigboy, the whole bunch, all downloadable for free. I posted the link in the other thread about the 9000s. Download them and post your screenshots, this is a screenshots forum!

Last edited:
To clear up a few things:

Hmmmm. Yes, I see. It downloads OK, but when I try to extract it, I get an error from 7zip that it cannot extract because it is not an archive. Turns out what you get is a 12k html file having something to do with javascript, but no actual zip file.

EDIT: There was a set of FEFs done by user ANL, but there is nothing in the config.txt. The description seems to indicate RRMods, but I don't see anything in the Wayback RRMods. I tried to check the current RRMods site, but searches for UP FEF or just FEF or Challenger come up with nothing. Just UP brings up 75 pages worth, and I did not look through it all, as the other keys should have hit somewhere. Maybe someone out there knows how to get this?
The name of the CDP file is "Loco UP FEF & Challenger #3939"

ANLs FEFs were originally released on RRMods, as were the TTTs, early Challengers, and turbines. They were pulled when ANL moved to JR, however they were never rereleased there and instead ended up being given to Trainz Forge to host.

huh. well thats unfortunate.. I did hear from daylight though that he might PBR the textures and possibly repost the USSC FEFs (backshops not NARM) to trainz forge.

At some point yes, I want to PBR the FEFs that USSc1798 did as in my opinion its a better mesh than ANLs FEFs. Theres a few details that I would need to correct, alongside changing the script over to the TF one and updating it with all our current features (minus a cab most likely).

heres something interesting though. I found out at one point that ANL apparently not only made the FEFS, challengers, TTTs, CSA engines, and a bull moose, but rumor has it he also made a big boy.

Its not a rumor, I'm pretty sure ANL has shown screenshots of it on the forums here. He did do a Big Boy but as far as I know and based on the version Trainz Forge has access to its very incomplete. This is another case were we have the mesh for USSc1798s Big Boy and would rather finish that and PBR it than try and finish ANLs Big Boy mesh. ANL also has a Bull Moose mesh, and iirc we have access to his unfinished UP H7 mesh, although I don't think anyone in the group has interest in finishing that right now.

As thenelm mentions above, TrainzForge has all of ANLs FEFs, FEF-3, Challengers, 9000 series, CSAs, and the bigboy, the whole bunch, all downloadable for free. I posted the link in the other thread about the 9000s. Download them and post your screenshots, this is a screenshots forum!

Which thread?

Yes, but what about Trainman7616's WM H-9? Has it been abandoned or is it released or private?

Still being worked on, I burnt out for a few months.
unknown-30.png

I still wonder what happened to some of the other content that was already released on their site before it went down, like their freeware Light Mikados, Santa Fe Northern, and C&O Pack, as well as their payware content like their Decapods and Light Pacifics.

Are they going to be rereleased somewhere else all as freeware, or have they all been lost to the annals of time?

Back