Just screenshots without any significance. 1920x1080 Pixel screenshots!!

frogpipe --

It uses clutter effects -- "Flowers 2". I've used the default values, apart for the Draw Distance. The allowable range for this is min 10, max 1000. I assumed that this is equivalent to LOD so I set it to 1000. Despite this the flowers do "pop" into view.

The two images were screen grabs from a video. The video shows the way the flowers come into view. Best watched full screen and 1440p:

I suspect Draw Distance may have an impact on frame rates. When I fiddled around with the settings I didn't notice any difference but then mine is a reasonably high end PC with a water cooled i9 and a RTX3070.

I have just uploaded the layout to the Download Station. I'd be interested to know how it performs on other PCs.

Phil

Oh... 22. I'm a 19 peasant yet. ;)

Still, I see the pop in, that'd be a deal breaker for me. In fact it already is because I see the same pop in with similar TurfFX assets in TRS19.

Heck I'm bothered by the far distance terrain geometry break downs that happen, where a smooth but steep mountain suddenly pops into a jagged sharp peak. (My draw distance is usually set to 100 light years, because "pop in hate")

Hi frogpipe --

I'm not all that keen on that tall white flower cluster that pops up either. Your comment spurred me to go back and see if I could modify the Cluster Effect to remove it.

This is Take 2 without "Chamorrile B". Although the flowers are not as dense I think it's an improvement. Full screen / 1440p:

Phil

Just some Random BNSF scenes ..

a4og8z.jpg

CyBOyo.jpg

VdrJyV.jpg

bVSw59.jpg

6SL0cC.jpg

XBJ2MD.jpg

wkSvyM.jpg

dIY6C5.jpg

kng8mh.jpg

IY6ks7.jpg

Regards Claus

Two photo togs doing what it takes to get the shot! Getting back off the rock will be a feat.
cETHFM.jpg

View from the other side of the Messabi River back toward the rock climbing photo togs.
6jGvwG.jpg

Lovely winter shots up there, Claus 'ol friend. The best Christmas and New Year to you and yours, Claus!!
Best,
smyers

Lovely winter shots up there, Claus 'ol friend. The best Christmas and New Year to you and yours, Claus!!
Best,
smyers

Thanks Steven :).

The best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours too, Steven.
Take care :).

The best regards Claus

Back