Form search

RichardNZ

I can’t use the search fetcher on the forum. Every time I try to do a search I have to enter the “Image Verification“ but every time I click on the box to enter the text, it runs the search before I can enter anything and therefore comes up with “The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed”.

what page are you using, I have never seen the search fetcher page that asked me to enter a verification, can you copy and paste the search fetcher page URL here in this post

I just tried it and it worked without any problems. I typed a search word into the text box and then clicked the "magnifying glass" next to it.

Keeps wanting a verification code & won't let me enter it. Am using Chrome for a browser. What are you using? Wondering if it may be a browser issue?

Hi RichardNZ - Just tried your link to the advanced search form with the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge browser and all are working fine.
Suggest uninstalling your version of Chrome browser and reinstalling Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit) again.

Just wondering if it's actually trying to get you to log-in to Chrome instead - or perhaps to your Google account?
It is not the forums.auran.com page requesting such image verification.

Edit Update: Just another thought: Have you tried initiating your search from the underscored text string below the magnifying glass at the top right? The one that is titled "Advanced search"?
The magnifying glass icon is typically used after you have entered a text string into the entry box to the left.
Either way, however, it is not normal to be prompted for a 'veri-sign' authentication on this particular search form.

Last edited:
Aha! Looks like you're using the forum in the 'default mobile style' and not the Trainz Forums Standard style.
Are you accessing the forum on a desktop computer/ laptop or on a mobile phone or tablet device?
If on a PC, then you need to change the style back to 'standard'.
Use the ellipse (...) to go to the forum settings.

Also the verification image ('Capcha' challenge) requires you to enter the pseudo-text string image into the the authentication box to prove you are not a robot.
This is not present on the standard forum style sheet.

Last edited:
W engine

I see you are also in NZ
I,m working on layouts based on the west cost - westport and greymouth
Is there any chance you would know were i can get a any steam engines of the " W " class
:eek:

Back