Trouble with HF1

dynajet

Is anyone else having problems with HF1? I am running version 90946 on Mac High Sierra and it has crashed on me about 50% of the time when I try to save any changes. Any suggestions?

Is this happening with just one route or session, or is it with all loaded routes/sessions?

Right now I'm only working on one route with its associated session. It seems that after I rebuild the data base it starts to behave. If I download more content it starts to happen again.

Right now I'm only working on one route with its associated session. It seems that after I rebuild the data base it starts to behave. If I download more content it starts to happen again.

That would indicate there's something corrupt in your content. I recommend running a database repair and then repairing any faulty content which appears in Content Manager.

If this continues to occur, you will need to run an extended database repair. On the PC it involves holding down the CTRL key while starting the database repair from the menu. On the Apple I think it's the Command key which is the equivalent.

Be warned!!: An EDR can and will take a very long time. Let the repair complete in its entirety and it is best to let this process run unattended when the machine is not being used for other functions. When running an EDR, we recommend running the process overnight so it is not disturbed.

After an EDR or even a normal DBR has completed:

An database repair can and will produce many more errors due to the revalidation and underlying data verification process. In some cases these are false errors, which are removed by viewing errors and warnings. If there are other errors with content, the content needs to be repaired or replaced to ensure the data is consistent and error free, otherwise, there can be other problems in the future.

I'm getting very frustrated. This problem happens almost every time I use the software. When I save a route or session the software locks up or crashes and has to be restarted. My last extended database repair was done yesterday and when I went back into my session names on assets some changed. I am not sure if this is a New Era software problem or a problem with my operating system not working right with the trainz software. I am running Apple High Sierra on a Macbook Pro. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I have done another extended database rebuilt and I played around with some setting in my operating system and all seems to be back to normal. Thanks all for your help.

Back