From the Blue Mountains Line, Australia

Process is coming along for this Blue Mountains line from Sydney Central to Penrith as first phase. Not sure at which point I upload to DLS. Quite a bit of scenery to accomplish. Maybe I will steam ahead for a couple of days then give it a try for you all to give it a go and provide feedack. Turning out to be a fairly big task. Must have around 70 odd tiles at last count. Any suggestions?

First phase to upload ?,... This is your choice mate, but I think it's wise to consider the people who may decide to download your route.

If you upload a route (no matter how long it is) that has not been detailed, most trainzers may run it once, then either delete it or file it away, until it's updated again. I can't speak for everyone, but I do prefer a route (say running from point A to point B) which has been completely detailed; and I would get much greater enjoyment from it, and probably tell others about it.

If Stage 2, then included a further detailed section to say Point C; then I can see greater demand for the route. Stage 3, ongoing, ... etc, etc.

This also allows people with older computers to be able to use your route too. They may not have the capacity to run a 100 baseboard layout without a loss of frame-rates or freezing-up.

Detailing can be a huge task, but in the long run you could have something to be proud of. Many others will appreciate your work too.

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers and good luck with your route.

Roy

First phase to upload ?,... This is your choice mate, but I think it's wise to consider the people who may decide to download your route.

If you upload a route (no matter how long it is) that has not been detailed, most trainzers may run it once, then either delete it or file it away, until it's updated again. I can't speak for everyone, but I do prefer a route (say running from point A to point B) which has been completely detailed; and I would get much greater enjoyment from it, and probably tell others about it.

If Stage 2, then included a further detailed section to say Point C; then I can see greater demand for the route. Stage 3, ongoing, ... etc, etc.

This also allows people with older computers to be able to use your route too. They may not have the capacity to run a 100 baseboard layout without a loss of frame-rates or freezing-up.

Detailing can be a huge task, but in the long run you could have something to be proud of. Many others will appreciate your work too.

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers and good luck with your route.

Thanks for the input Roy, I think you have convinced me to complete scenery along this route. I have done, what you mention, in downloading and been disappointed then deleted a few routs from the DLS and promised myself not to be lazy, or impatient to upload. All I need to do is make sure there is plenty of detail, and interest, along the route, this is so far been my goal. The first pahse is to get the Sydney to Penrith completed then attempt phase two expanding the route through the mountains to Lithgow as a future add on.

Following the route with Google Earth presents its own challenges. Pretty sure I'll get there in the end.
Try to up the anti...5 cents might be worthwhile :)

Agree with Roy; might be good to release it in stages, and merge the stages and update it when you are ready.
You could consider doing it this way, take the pressure off yourself trying to get a whole route up there in one go.
Blue Mountains is quite the hike, as we all know.

Ariel view of Redfern Yard looking toward Sydney Central on the Blue Mountains route. Though I'd give it the B&W treatment for an older appearance.
fa1dbb88e7d8c3690a3acce9ecc46920.jpg

Back