What's wrong with the forums display ?

hiawathamr

DLC developer for Trainz
Hello,

This started to happen with Firefox lately and I rather dislike the new forum layout as its more complex than the older layout. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or is it just me?
Any thoughts?

(I don't know where to post this so I'll post it here unless a mod. is willing to move it to the correct location, thanks)

Firefox:
Screenshot_1.png

Google Chrome:
Screenshot_2.png

Last edited:
Never noticed it ... Using Firefox, and apps like "NoSquint" and "Color That Site" ... my type is zoomed at 130%, and is Bold Black, on a Medium Gray background ... very pleasing to the eye

ForumNew2.jpg

My Content Manager - Download Helper also looks pleasing to the eye using these Firefox apps, and altering my Windows Colors

CMPColors.jpg

Last edited:
The forum looks much the same as it has for years. However, I do like the look of Cascade's view. Mine is all white (Chrome) and is a bit bright for my liking.

Not a problem here either with FireFox, IE and Edge. Your first screen shot may have been the result of a corrupted data packet (or similar glitch). It can happen on any website on any browser.

Not a problem here either with FireFox, IE and Edge. Your first screen shot may have been the result of a corrupted data packet (or similar glitch). It can happen on any website on any browser.
I hope that's the problem I'm experiencing

I had that too last week.
But since there was nobody else complaining it had to be something on my own computer.

If you are in that screen you don't want, scroll al the way down and click on the text "go full screen" or "go full board" or something like that.

After that all was back to normal.

Problem is now, I can't find that "switch" again so I can't reproduce the same thing.

☼...☼

Ok, I've been there again.

You are in "Default Mobile Mode", so scroll all the way down and chose "FULL SITE"

To go Mobile again (can't imagine someone would like that)
Chose for "Default Mobile Style" in menu "- Trainz Forum -" (down/left)

:)

It all depends on what information your browser is sending it in the User-Agent information. Might need to check the settings in your browser for that or if there are any addons that cause it to think you are on a mobile.

Shane

Fixed it

It took me a while to find the settings, but now I have the original forum layout.

I still don't get why it went to mobile on a Windows computer though :confused:

Hi everybody.
This is just a quess, but I am wondering if this has something to do with Microsoft launching Windows 10S which has been rolling out over the last two weeks. The new released version will be incorporated into lower priced PCs and laptops that are to be brought forward and also for the new cloud based laptops (simular to a Chromebook) to be released in the autumn.

Windows 10S is a lightweight version of the full windows 10, but obviously Microsoft will want the two versions to be able to sync with each other, hence the change in setting to persons using the full version of Windows 10.

Just a thought.
Bill

Last edited:
Got it again...
When I enter for example this "montanawestren rs-1" in the search bar in Firefox for my search of that cool Alco RS-1 Northern Pacific, I get some hits.

I click the one on top and the board is shown in Mobile Style again.

Closed the board, opened again and it's stuck in Mobile Style.
Only can get back to normal is to click "FULL SITE" down on the page.

So this happens not al of a sudden, but is caused by some links that I click on.

Why? I don't know. It's only from the last time.

Spooky!

BTW, I use Windows 7 Ultimate, not W10.

☼ ¿? ☼

Back