Welcome to the new forums!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3vpolsen

Administrator
The Trainz forums, with a history spanning over two decades, have been a hub for Trainz enthusiasts to converse and share their screenshots and creations. It has served the community well, but, as with all things, evolution beckons.

We're thrilled to announce the launch of a state-of-the-art Trainz forum. Built with enhanced performance, improved mobile experience, better spam protections, modern interface, better integration with other Trainz services and more features, it's designed to grow in tandem with our expanding community. But rest assured, this is just the inaugural phase! As we roll out these revamped Trainz forums, we've ensured a seamless transfer of all existing user data and accounts – a priority for us. While the interface may appear reminiscent of the old forums, underneath lies a plethora of new technological features and capabilities, including the potential for more Trainz integration than before.

Our move to the new platform marks a new chapter, and we're eager to hear your thoughts on this fresh experience. Dive in, explore, and do share your feedback. Keep an eye out for more updates as we refine and enrich our forum software.

There is no progress like progress. The original forum was, I think, better in many ways. But this is my subjective opinion, with which not everyone may agree.
I had no problem inserting images from my maps here. It's a big problem right now. I save them on a website from which it was no problem to copy them here. But that's not possible anymore. So I'll probably never put a picture here again and it limits the discussion (on the discussion forum!).
As I say, progress is not always progress.

ivomasek
ID:276055

I can't fully agree with the above two posts but, as ivomasek rightly points out, this is my subjective opinion.

True, missing information such as the user timeline of Trainz versions often makes it harder to work out which version a post is referring to and recognising unregistered users but even when the version labels were present they were not always a reliable guide.

True, the inability to change avatars, a purely cosmetic effect, is irritating but Northfolk Southern seems to have a secret there that many would like to possess. But, again in my opinion, the choice of available avatars in the old forum was pretty cra**y anyway.

On the plus side, I find searching and categorising posts so much easier and faster in the new format, and the text editing controls so much better.

It will take time for some to adjust.

Posting test image. My first for this new forum. Simple!
Local02.jpg

True, the inability to change avatars, a purely cosmetic effect, is irritating but Northfolk Southern seems to have a secret there that many would like to possess. But, again in my opinion, the choice of available avatars in the old forum was pretty cra**y anyway.

I'm still trying to work out why I'm an "active member", Dave Snow gets to be a "Crabby Old Geezer" and you get to be a "Trainz Veteran". My attempts to find this secret have so far failed. I'm a couple of hundred posts away from 10,000 posts so maybe when I achieve that lofty goal then I'll get the key to the Executive Wash Room or even get to design my own label. :unsure:

At least in Discord I can buy goodies to decorate my posts.

There is no progress like progress. The original forum was, I think, better in many ways. But this is my subjective opinion, with which not everyone may agree.
I had no problem inserting images from my maps here. It's a big problem right now. I save them on a website from which it was no problem to copy them here. But that's not possible anymore. So I'll probably never put a picture here again and it limits the discussion (on the discussion forum!).
As I say, progress is not always progress.

ivomasek
ID:276055
Did you try the 'Insert Image' Icon ? That will give you a window to paste your link into, and the image will then be displayed. I was able to display your image, but then thought better of it!

Phil (Trainz Tragic :) )

The Trainz forums, with a history spanning over two decades, have been a hub for Trainz enthusiasts to converse and share their screenshots and creations. It has served the community well, but, as with all things, evolution beckons.

We're thrilled to announce the launch of a state-of-the-art Trainz forum. Built with enhanced performance, improved mobile experience, better spam protections, modern interface, better integration with other Trainz services and more features, it's designed to grow in tandem with our expanding community. But rest assured, this is just the inaugural phase! As we roll out these revamped Trainz forums, we've ensured a seamless transfer of all existing user data and accounts – a priority for us. While the interface may appear reminiscent of the old forums, underneath lies a plethora of new technological features and capabilities, including the potential for more Trainz integration than before.

Our move to the new platform marks a new chapter, and we're eager to hear your thoughts on this fresh experience. Dive in, explore, and do share your feedback. Keep an eye out for more updates as we refine and enrich our forum software.
If anyone at N3V is counting, I don't like the new forum much. Too much point and click stuff.

Too much point and click stuff.
What????

Isn't simplification and "ease of use" the modern way of doing things? Isn't that what UI design is all about?

Why type "Twitter" when you can simply type "X"?

The new forum design does have a few "missing" elements (see my post above) that were in the old style forum but they were of dubious value anyway (in my humble opinion). I, for one, give the new forum style an overall ☑️

The N3V guys even said that features will be added back in such as avatars, to be chosen from a selected number of images, and whatnot when they have time because those things are low priority. Some people somehow, outside of management, were able to put in their own avatars in the beginning but that feature wasn't supposed to be enabled and was an error.

Some people somehow, outside of management, were able to put in their own avatars in the beginning but that feature wasn't supposed to be enabled and was an error.
On the priority list this will be fixed sometime in the distant future after Trainz is running without any errors or complaints.
Or the next version of the Forum or maybe before the World ends !

Ive only got good things to say about the New Forum so far! I've never been bothered if someone was a registered user or not! As for the Trainz Timeline - surely this is solved by having different sub forums... I will only ever post in the TRS19... Ergo my version. You still cant fully work out from someones old timeline which version they are actually using, if they have multiple versions on their timeline it never guaranteed they were playing or posting about the latest version! :) Just my 10 Pence!

@pcas1986 You are now a well known member! Well done you! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back