JR SmartSignal bugs/quirks (Version 1.75a)

PVincent342

I'm back into playing this game (using TS12 Build 61388) , and I have encountered a few quirks while using these smart signals (wouldn't call them an error since they still work and the bug exception icon isn't appearing)

* When using the 08 and 08-1 signals , checking off the "restricting" option in the object's surveyor does not save and when opening the properties windows again, it is not checked off.
* When using any permissive signal (in this case 05 and 06D), the option for "operate in automatic mode" saves while editing the route in surveyor, though when the route is unloaded and then loaded again, those options are not saved as well.

These edits are being made in the route layer and problem can be replicated using the "1st gen" searchlight, safetran and g-style signals and smartsignal library 1.75a. I have not tried reproducing the quirks on the newer "2nd gen" searchlight signals. If you need any more info then let me know.

EDIT:

*Setting signals to "restricting" in driver works as intended, the issue with that quirk can be reproduced in surveyor only.
*Also forgot to add that 08-1 signals do not allow me to change the diverging paths either (always the left diverge icon and I cannot add or remove further diverging switches).

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. I have taken steps to solve the problems and uploaded an update to the library. Please let me know if there are any other problems.

After newest update when placing a signal that would normally be preset to approach lit, they're not. Is that a major pita to fix? If so never mind.
Dean

Back