Help finding a good route!!!!

Trainz_12_fan_100

yes thats my name
Ok. So I just started another thread for route creators to post screenshots of work in progress routes. Why? Because I am looking for a decent route for a few videos. I need on that is very long, has to have a few spots for engine changes, electrified spots, runs between 1 big city and another, interactive industries, MUST use ATLS crossings, has track markers for AI trains and sessions, A few branch lines for smaller trains to run, yards along the route, and portals at both ends for trains to just run back and forth or bring supplies or new train cars. Thanks!

Why don't you make your OWN route. That's what IMHO makes Trainz so great. Creating routes is fun and easy.

Trainz has very easy route tools that anyone can master in less than a week. Have you even tried opening up Surveyor and trying it?

He actually creates good routes, it's just that he doesn't want to spend hours on end making something that may already exist.

reasonable, IMO.

He actually creates good routes, it's just that he doesn't want to spend hours on end making something that may already exist.

reasonable, IMO.
THANK YOU!!!!
Trainz has very easy route tools that anyone can master in less than a week. Have you even tried opening up Surveyor and trying it?
Well, I do try but I loose interest after getting a few spots done.
Why don't you make your OWN route. That's what IMHO makes Trainz so great. Creating routes is fun and easy.
I am busy just like everyone else and I try to but I loose interest fast. It is hard for me. ktrain.ny knows what I mean because I am almost constantly talking to him. I know I should have included that I do try to make routes but loose interest fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd refrain from using terms like "omfg." That's unnecessary. These people are proving a point. If you want something done, do it yourself. That's what I do, and I'm completely happy with them. It doesn't matter how much time you have. I'm in highschool and I can pull out 3 good routes in less than 2 weeks and have them uploaded onto my website.

Well, I do try but I loose interest after getting a few spots done.

thats you problem right there, you give up too soon. Trust me spend a bit more time in surveyor and you will soon be creating the your own railroads just like everyone of us has been doing since the beginning. Trust me Trainz is much easier to build routes, you should had seen the MSTS Route editor, I couldn't place a single piece of track down because their route editing tools were so complicated and clunky.

The responses in this thread just remind me of one of the reasons that I left this game.

Trainz, I don't know if you'll like it or not, but I've got some routes on the DLS of which my favorite is the Ashland Central System route. It's about 75 miles long and you should be able to find some decent scenery in it for some videos. I believe it's a TS09 route though.

Mike

The responses in this thread just remind me of one of the reasons that I left this game.
Really? I look at the responses, and I just don't see anyone saying anything that should cause anyone else to "leave the game."

The DLS provides many freeware routes that have a lot of good to offer. For the cost of a single three-month FCT, one can download amazing routes. The freeware forum provides other different options that don't even require a FCT. Of course, it takes about an hour to look through it all.

More specific questions will receive more specific answers.

Yep, same here.

Well, one of two reasons.
Firstly, the "No, don't do that, do this instead" replies, rather than actually helping people with what they're asking for, as demonstrated in this thread.

Secondly, the "unfullfilled" promise of a DRM-Free version of T:ANE from Tony.
How's that one coming along, by the way?
Genuine question.
It's been at least a year since I last asked, and for all I know, there is now a version of T:ANE that can be bought from their store that does NOT call up their servers every 30 days, as promised.

Back on the original topic, anyone remember the good old days, when it seemed like the only priority (for most of us) was giving something to the community?

It's what made Trainz great back in the day.

Smiley.

I've noticed it on other forums and such. I'm generalizing here but most young people who do Trainz are just there to make Youtube videos, which, IMO, is a complete waste of this simulator. It's purpose is not to make Youtube videos (even though I have made a few screenshots videos.) I believe Trainz is a learning experience and a very fun one. I knew nothing about how to operate a train before August of 2013.

Now, I know how to operate really every train in my Simulator that has been builtin or downloaded by me. I think the reason not many new people are creating routes these days is because they see stuff like Leeferr's and they say, "I think I wanna try that." (Leeferr your stuff is awesome, I will say.) When they go to try it, they put too much work into detailing one section of their route, and when they sit back and see how much they haven't accomplished, they abandon the project completely. Speaking from personal experiences.

Really? I look at the responses, and I just don't see anyone saying anything that should cause anyone else to "leave the game."

The DLS provides many freeware routes that have a lot of good to offer. For the cost of a single three-month FCT, one can download amazing routes. The freeware forum provides other different options that don't even require a FCT. Of course, it takes about an hour to look through it all.

More specific questions will receive more specific answers.

Look a little more closely and I never said that these types of responses caused me to leave the game. I said that it's ONE of the reasons. This forum is so negative much of the time. Not like it used to be 10 yrs ago. Telling the young man to make his own route instead of helping him toward an answer to his question is negative in my view. That was my only point.

Maybe try Sherman Hill from Trainzitalia?
Actually, Malc, the route that you sport there in your signature block is one of the most amazing routes I have ever tested. The level of, and attention to detail is beyond what I have seen in any other route. Outstanding work!

There are several hump yards on the DLS, most have 20m high humps, and railcars roll downhill at breakneck "ludicrous speed"

My ALCO LAND has a hump @ 150' long, with a hump height of @ 1m, and they roll downhill at very slow speeds on a gentle -0.02% downhill gradient

Alco Land: https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/ALCO+Land/_9ff6f6b9e78749eb9fe58c5a435ef496#ALCO Land
I have been trying to find a hump yard (THAT WORKS)

But anyway:
Look a little more closely and I never said that these types of responses caused me to leave the game. I said that it's ONE of the reasons. This forum is so negative much of the time. Not like it used to be 10 yrs ago. Telling the young man to make his own route instead of helping him toward an answer to his question is negative in my view. That was my only point.

Now I know this thread was kinda abandoned but leefer does have a point. I was asking if anyone had some ideas, and I clearly stated in some replies that I have trouble with making my own route. Altough, in my signature it does say I am working on a route called the Grezban Mountain Range. And davesnow, why did you have to say that? I now I wasn't clear on why I was asking, but LOOK at my replies. And tdesantis88, thank you for the suggestion. I do remember using it once but when I tried to download the rest of the dependencies, my pc straight up froze. After a few upgrades though, I was able to get the rest of the dependencies and yet, I remembered that a few of the routes that I had got corrupted due to another computer failure. UMR was one of them :(.

It really does make me mad that people say that someone should do it themselves, but in my case, I have trouble staying focused on one thing at a time. I have to mainly focus on school, social activities, and not some game on my pc. Other people who have almost free time, anytime, they make routes or hang out with family. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE LEARN THAT? For example: people who ask TUME for his S3 or when it is gonna be done. Kinda the same thing in this next example: people ask K&L to make a Milw S3 but he replies with saying that someone is making it already and we just have to be patient. I know that it takes time for people to make things, but sometimes: (i.e. me) people loose interest because they do not fully understand something called patient.

(I wrote this earlier and I did not see the second page)

Now: I am waiting patiently for K&L's next 3 releases, and 3 upcoming streamlined engines. I have thought about leaving Trainz due to people like davesnow who cannot shut up instead of thinking of a reason why someone asks for help. But what I said about people who ask for things (gimme pigs) that are in the process of being made, this is not what I was acting like when I started this. I have already started a thread which was supposed to be about progress on the Grezban Mountain Range and the Pioneer & Avalon Railroad skins. ourense has already helped me with the logo (Thank you if you are reading this ourense).

But, dave think about this: Which ones are more important: Family, social life, friends, life in-general, or Trainz?

I have been trying to find a hump yard (THAT WORKS)

TPR used to have a kit and I'm not sure if its on the DLS too or not, it takes configuration but it does work and has a "tower" , and retarders for each track @ end

Also, building routes is more of a game of patience than anything else, especially when Trainz is kind of like building a virtual model railroad in a sense, with less land & cost than the physical hobby of course. NeilSmith's UMR is a good bet as others have said, but you can always enhance existing routes that might not be perfect for personal use (such as tweaking some curves, replacing track, adding a few buildings/towns. adding catenary, etc etc), PERSONAL being the keyword of course. Browse around the forums to see things people are working on and maybe drive through some layouts or even travel around in the real world to get inspiration then come back to a layout you're working on. I have tons of unfinished projects laying around too. There is plenty of time in the world to work on these things and maybe someday they'll all come together to become a masterpiece. Keep working on those layouts you have, everything starts from an empty canvas.

Back