Thank you Majekear

@normhart
Would you upload this consist to the DLS, please?

@majekear
Thank you very much for all your beautiful rolling stock.

Regards
Swordfish

torino72: My plan is to make versions for both TS12 (build 3.5) and T:ANE (build 4.3). I realized that if I made them without Level of Detail (LOD) for TS12, while they would work in T:ANE they would give off warnings about the absence of LOD in Content Manager. And as you mentioned, if I made them only for T:ANE, those with lesser versions would not be able to enjoy them. Therefore, what I have started doing is making TS12 versions with four levels of LOD included and then make a T:ANE version of the same tender. There are differences in the folder and config.txt configurations between the two. Also the TS12 version will have its our KUID number and the T:ANE version will have another. Furthermore, since I am employing NumberIT by Eldavo, the respective tenders while have different running numbers. Since railroad companies had the nasty habit of different placement of running numbers and reporting marks, I often have to relocate the placement and number of the digit planes in the 3D mesh. Small variations in the place of objects (parts) of the respective tenders means that the mesh must furthermore be altered and then exported for each LOD level. As you might imagine that is all very time consuming. After the initial 3d mesh is completed (keep in mind that I am using in part Dave Snow's excellent mesh with his approval), the making of the skin or color scheme can mean that I can only produce about one or two tenders per day. Also there is the not to small matter of variants. A given railroad company could have say just a flatcar with only tool boxes, or with a boom cradle added, or with also a shed or cabin with or without a cupola configuration, etc., not to mention several color schemes. Given all this, the "construction" process can also take a great deal of concentration at times and mistakes can and are made. Its like check it once, then twice, and than a third time. And often that is not enough. But fortunately, I enjoy doing this. Crazy huh.

I also want to thank you guys for the screenshot in this thread. Good to see some of them in different settings. And thanks again to everyone for your kind comments.

Time for an update;

Majekear is now up to 102 (one hundred and two!) cranes and a growing fleet of tenders. (count does not include the three derrick cars in the foreground)

Generic tenders are on the second track nearest the viewpoint.

Thanks again Majekear! :wave:

Edit: He has also created a growing list of commodities for the tenders too.

(Yes the cranes are in alphabetical order, and yes it did take me about five hours to get this right. Compulsive Collectors like me will understand.) :hehe:

(I am a little confused as to why I have 96 now and had 102 earlier, must be old age)

Edit: Well I was right, it was old age, there are, in fact 102 cranes in this screenie, I just can't perform simple math anymore. (note that many of Majekear's flat cars can serve as tenders in a pinch)

Last edited:
What a quiet, busy little beaver he is, I think I counted over 650 assets this year alone :eek:
No one is as prolific as he, when it comes to creating rolling stock! That is why I call him the "Majekear Works" :hehe: Thanks so much again Majekear!!! Whatever RR('s) we model; we can always count on you to fill the bill w/ rolling stock for our endeavors! :cool: You are one of our most important CC's -bar none!

I would like to see someone create a video of all his cranes and MOW flatcars, and have them slowly roll by a nice scene ... That's one that I would really enjoy watching

If you took all his 5159 railcars, and made one long train, it would stretch almost 49 miles

LOD works the same in TRS4, TRS6, TC, TS9, TS10 and TS12 as it dose in TANE only you need the lowest one to be under 500.

Majekear has (finally) taken a little break from uploading stuff and it has been a bit over 2 months since I updated his Crane collection so...

He is now up to 123 Cranes and many, many more tenders. Not all tenders have cranes yet and not all cranes have tenders yet. :D

Thanks Majekear!

Last edited:
Majekear has (finally) taken a little break from uploading stuff and it has been a bit over 2 months since I updated his Crane collection so...

He is now up to 123 Cranes and many, many more tenders. Not all tenders have cranes yet and not all cranes have tenders yet. :D ...
(With all the crane and tender content he's been churning out) your "Majekear collection" shot is gettin' a bit far away there! :hehe: Can hardly see the detail -tee hee! :D Yeah. Majekear's so-o prolific, I'm just away a few days from downloading his content; and there he is again with a whole bunch of new stuff to download! Majekear's not just keepin' himself busy, but us as well! :D "What RR are you a modeling? Majekear has a crane and tender for you!"

... What is that you say "Majekear has finally takin' a break? WOW!!! And a well deserved one at that ;)

Thanks so-o very much Majekear! :cool:

Last edited:
It would be really funny to place all of Majekear's assets on one 49 mile long train, and film it for upload it to YouTube

As would be placing all of RGCX assets on a 38 mile long train, and filming it for upload to YouTube

Yes! :D But (as much as I like their content), I don't think I could stick-around that long CascadeRR -lMAO!!! :hehe:

Thanks to Majkear and Dave Snow for all their work. You always know you'll have a fine addition to your railroad when you download and use one of their assets.

Yes. I second that! We shan't forget Dave Snow for his original creation :) Thanks to you both, for your numerous [... an understatement] and magnificent creations! :cool:

Last edited:
Back