Important Note About My Reskins

ALL of my releases onto the DLS have been given permission by their original authors to be reskinned and released, especially Dave Snow's assets since he gave general consent for his products to be reskinned. I try to make a point of stating the original content creator in the Config File. If I missed this disclaimer in an asset or two, my apologies.

I am not trying to bring any credit unto myself, I'm just a Reskinner. In my most recent release (a CCR 60ft HiCube Scarlet Boxcar) onto the DLS, I wrote in the Config File that Dave is the original creator and that I just reskinned the Asset. Yet you don't see it in the description box within the Preview Pic. But if you check the Config File after you download the Asset, you will see for yourself that I explain the fact Dave Snow is the original content creator. My apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Like I said, I am not trying to bring any credit unto myself as any Content Creator. I'm just a Reskinner who is trying to make sure to give credit to the original authors (in the Config File description) of the asset I am reskinning. If you download one of my assets and see that I didn't mention the original Content Creator in the Config File, let me know and I will mention it here.

Thank you.

- RR70 (Railroader1970)

Last edited:
I have no problems with any reskins that are released with permissions.

I wrote in the Config File that Dave is the original creator and that I just reskinned the Asset. Yet you don't see it in the description box within the Preview Pic.

TIP: In my reskins, issued like yours with permission from the original creator, I place the credit note "Original by JBloggs with permission" in the description tag so it will appear on the Asset.

What might be useful is to mention the original kuid number. The reason is from time to time N3V adjust what is tagged as an error. For my own work I can correct the mesh but for reskins I have no control. If you mention the original kuid then if it gets updated then your reskin can be corrected by copying in the mesh from the original.

Cheerio John

I have no problems with any reskins that are released with permissions.

TIP: In my reskins, issued like yours with permission from the original creator, I place the credit note "Original by JBloggs with permission" in the description tag so it will appear on the Asset.

Agreed, I hear what you're saying. Yep, that's where I put my credits to the original Content Creator. Except in one of my latest releases I put it further down in the Disclaimer section. Sometimes it's a trial and error situation with some of the assets I'm working on in a sense.

What might be useful is to mention the original kuid number. The reason is from time to time N3V adjust what is tagged as an error. For my own work I can correct the mesh but for reskins I have no control. If you mention the original kuid then if it gets updated then your reskin can be corrected by copying in the mesh from the original.

Cheerio John

Hmmm... That's interesting. I didn't think of that. Thanks for mentioning it. How does one fix the original mesh if there's a problem. Do they need Blender to do it or can it be done in Gimp or Photoshop for example?

Hmmm... That's interesting. I didn't think of that. Thanks for mentioning it. How does one fix the original mesh if there's a problem. Do they need Blender to do it or can it be done in Gimp or Photoshop for example?

Sometimes it's a change to the config.txt file, more often it means going back to the original blender source and making a change then reexporting. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is a pain in the neck. I haven't seen one that affects the textures that can be corrected in GIMP or photoshop.

Cheerio John

Back