Pre-order TMR17 and get early access

Shadow issues are back...

The "broken" shadow issue which plagued T:ANE SP1 prior to HF3 is back in SP2/TMR17. I noticed this both on some rail-cars and the SD45 ATSF diesel, and with some scenery objects.

The save-as dialog box:

The checkboxes/radio button-boxes don't highlight so it's difficult to know which ones have been selected.

Doesn't look like TMR17 will be sold as a physical package (DVD) so my next question is ... The specs on the store indicate that the minimum requirement is 20Gb of disk space, but what is the size of the download?

Thanks

@Tony,

I bought the pre-order TMR17. Not that I am surprised, given the newness of the package, but it is obvious that there are going to need to be corrections made before the full release of the program in December. What are the plans to provide the corrections to the people, like me, who pre-ordered?

Bob

Doesn't look like TMR17 will be sold as a physical package (DVD) so my next question is ... The specs on the store indicate that the minimum requirement is 20Gb of disk space, but what is the size of the download?

4GB download (which is a .zip file)
Unzipped 7.7GB
And temp files for installing 7.7GB

Corrections are being done daily (so it's looking better already). There will be an online patch (same system as for TANE SP1) for pre-orders.

Question

QHi Tony, sir

This is a standa-lone trainz version, right, so would it be with TANE SP2, meaning that if I have TANE SP2 install TMR17 can be installed into TANE SP2!? --

Asking because I think I read that somewhere, and wanted to confirm that; And also, I would prefer, if I get TMR17 at a later time, I would like it to have it inside TANE, NOT two trainz versions! :hehe:

Thanks in advance for your reply, sir ...

Ish

Last edited:
My understanding is that you will have a choice of installing TMR17 as either:-
(a) a stand-alone package that will run without TANE, or
(b) a DLC package (like Settle & Carlisle) that will install in TANE SP2 (after it is released)

Both would be separate downloads

My understanding is that you will have a choice of installing TMR17 as either:-
(a) a stand-alone package that will run without TANE, or
(b) a DLC package (like Settle & Carlisle) that will install in TANE SP2 (after it is released)

Both would be separate downloads

Thanks for the info :wave:

... 2 weeks later ...
i still having fun.... but also a few disappointments...

- some items from T:ANE i couldn't import (some industrial buildings i liked...)
- i cann't edit the payware routes (or clone it like in T:ANE).... only the M120 - modules...
- i haven't the same water as in the payware (lightblue)
- and today it downloaded all the T:ANE-stuff in the TMR17, what i like to have as a standalone... so only modelwork.....

maybe it will change the 5th of december.... when i'm sweet enough .....

daveric

- and today it downloaded all the T:ANE-stuff in the TMR17
daveric
This happened to me today too. Just installed TMR17 last night and then went to try it out today, and all my payware routes/sessions from TANE redownloaded.

Is this supposed to happen? Or do I delete everything and start again.
If I restart, is there a trick to preventing this from happening again? The checkbox to disable online features is not present.
There is also a large number of missing dependencies. (UNKNOWNN KUIDs)

The only "abnormal" thing I did was to move my USERDATA folder to my data drive.

Thanks.

Last edited:
went in to check something and it tried to but I stopped it, asked me again today, let it do it this time only thing brought a bit for tane not sure if good or bad idear, thought you could only transfur tmr17 to tane and not the other way?

Tried Phil's traction route except for a script error it seemed to run ok

Tom

Last edited:
went in to check something and it tried to but I stopped it, asked me again today, let it do it this time only thing brought a bit for tane not sure if good or bad idear, thought you could only transfur tmr17 to tane and not the other way?
Tom

Actually it's the other way around. T:ANE stuff can go into TMR17, but not from TMR17 to T:ANE due to the differences in the builds.

Well you can do it, but the results are not guaranteed, and will most likely fail.

Sorry, the appearance of the TANE content for download was our mistake. We have two groups of beta testers but only one system for testing (so our pre-order early access users were included in the broader beta test). We will be rolling back these changes shortly.

To resolve any issues with your local install, I suggest that you create a new local data folder. If you want to import anything from your current install to the new folder, open the items for edit first.

https://support.trainzportal.com/ind...al-data-folder

Back