TRS22 "Early Access" Release

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The TRS22 "Early Access" build is now available for all TRS22 owners. (If you are a Trainz Plus member see this thread).

If you have already installed the TRS22 Beta you can patch using the TRS22 patch stream.

PC:
TRS22 Beta 115985 to TRS22 Early Access 116492
TRS22 Beta 115628 to TRS22 Early Access 116492

Mac:
TRS22 Beta 115635 to TRS22 Early Access 116493

There are also several updates for the TRS22 built-in content set available in Content Store > Updates tab.

If you haven't installed TRS22 Beta then you can install the Early Access version from Mytrainz then clicking on Download TRS22.

More details can be found at this news post.

We are on track for a late-March release for TRS22. The final release will include a number of additional bug fixes and improvements and also a bunch of content updates.

Note that Schwaninger Land is not yet available but will be for the final release.​

"West from Denver" route has been updated but... "Prod Passengers 2019" is still missing ("unknown location").

Thanks. Is the AA setting gone forever? As set to 8, if so, is to much for me and I need to lower view settings in order to have desired performance. Better 2 or 4.
TNX

The new DLC route <kuid:751817:109100> "Znamensk-Svir" has white textures like this in several spots:

1evpqm.jpg

d9gicc.jpg

Last edited:
"Prod Passengers 2019" is no more used, but all the sessions I created when it was part of the package are now missing it.

You can make a temporary patch asset by taking another passenger set and giving it the "Prod Passengers 2019" KUID number. Once you've done that you can make a change to a currently available passenger set. I did something similar to get rid of the latest modern error 2020 passenger set from my 1950s layouts in TRS22 beta.

A lot of the assets I have installed randomly lost some of their dependencies, INCLUDING packaged content after I updated TRS22. I'm currently redownloading everything, but I'm very confused as to how assets that I have already installed are randomly lost during an update.

Assets if installed a second time will leave them open for edit. An update may have reinstalled some of them as part of a package. Always check open for edit first if assets go missing after an install.

I can't check anything because I'm trying to reinstall missing assets from the DLS (I'm not kidding, even assets from the Download Station went missing), and - even with an FCT - it can't go past installing 123 of 157. I'm gonna leave it as it is for a bit, come back to it, and then see what I can do. Thank you for your advice, though.

EDIT: Trying to reinstall anything isn't working. In one way or another, Trainz simply isn't working. A lot of the content that I had was randomly deleted, I can't reinstall a few things, and I've performed two database repairs, neither to any avail. Many of my DLC content is also gone for seemingly no reason. Would clearing the Internet cache possibly be of any use?

EDIT II: This post is now completely irrelevant, but I won't delete it - I'll still leave it up.

Last edited:
I hope that this isn't considered double-posting, but I'm still having some issues. I got the missing assets fixed by creating a new database. However, after having reinstalled everything, a few assets that didn't have an error in the Beta got one in the Early Access. I think the error was something like "Invalid file size for file "969.tzarc" or something like that. It's showing up on multiple assets, and showed up randomly. I hope that this can get fixed soon.

Again, if this is considered double-posting, then I apologize.

The new DLC route <kuid:751817:109100> "Znamensk-Svir" has white textures like this in several spots:

{pics removed}

Check textures. I am sure they are seasonal and its wintertime right now so there's snow.

Check textures. I am sure they are seasonal and its wintertime right now so there's snow.

I finally found that TRS22 changes the season on its own. Never seen this before! The oddest thing is that only some seasonal textures are concerned.

I finally found that TRS22 changes the season on its own. Never seen this before! The oddest thing is that only some seasonal textures are concerned.

Yes, I've seen that as well. I think it picks the current season for the session instead of the one that the route was setup in.

I finally found that TRS22 changes the season on its own. Never seen this before!

In my experience that has always been the case if the date has not been set as part of the session or route. There has been some debate in these forum over this but, in general, I have observed that:-

If you:-

• Load a Session into Surveyor. Change the date then select and edit a Session Layer (add, remove or move an object). Save. The new date will be stored in the Session.
  • Load a Route into Surveyor. Change the date then select and edit a Route Layer (add, remove or move an object). Save. The new date will be stored in the Route.
  • Load a Session into Surveyor. Change the date then select and edit a Route Layer (add, remove or move an object). Then select and edit a Session Layer (add, remove or move an object). Save. The new date will be stored in both the Route and the Session.

... and there seems to be an order of priority with dates set in Routes and Sessions:-

1. If the Route and the Session are saved with different dates, then the Session date will decide the visible season.
  2. If a Session does not have a saved date, then the date saved in the Route will decide the visible season.
  3. If no date has been saved in the Route and the Session, then today's date will decide the visible season.

I have no idea why a set season would apply to some assets but not to others, assuming that all the assets are "season enabled" (they may not be).

Back