Senior Novice

ricketts

Thats what I love about this forum seems like nobody wants to offer any help to a senior person with any trainz problem seems like the expert no hows are to busy with the likes of themselfs have over the year have all ways had problems with BR Class 67 kuid 75134:67001:4 getting to run on world builder 2009 have had it running only once then had a compter problem and since then had to re install TR2009 world builder build 44653 downloaded all the kuids I had and still cant place it on the tracks,now you would think with all the experts we have there would be some one who could offer some help but sorry to say no one has even has said they have tried to install thereselfs to see if they can run it....heres hoping someone just might off some help.....:(

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas on that one as my previous ideas seem to have failed.

Can I check if the preview for it is showing in Surveyor?

Shane

Probably as most have deleted 2009 as way out of date and buggy not many are actually using it, I no longer have 2009 installed anywhere.
Just downloaded it into TANE and it's working OK in TANE without the need to mess with anything much other than the coupler was open for edit, might want to check all the dependencies are actually submitted in 2009?

Suggest you delete it and all of it's dependencies, run a database repair to make sure it's actually gone, then download it again using content manager not from the web.

That's a bit unfair, rickets. Some people may not have been on the forums, or were very briefly. We do have other things to do besides browse the forums, though many do spend a good amount of time here. In my case, I took delivery of a digital piano, which required setup and testing as well as dealing with a barking dog, and the cats deciding to head out the door at the same time! Now that things have settled down, I can browse the forums...

So your asset isn't displaying? If that's what I gather from your long sentence! It's been sometime since I used TS2009, but the issues presented there are similar to T:ANE or TS12 which most people have moved on to. If your locomotive or train does not place on the tracks it could be due to faulty or missing dependencies, perhaps also as Shane has said here, they could be open for edit, thus, considered missing by Trainz TS2009. On a non-technical side, also ensure you have plenty of room on the track you are trying to place the train. If there's not enough room, then the program will refuse to place the individual train wagon, or locomotive, let alone a consist.

John

Since becoming a complete novice ten years ago at the age of 75 I have lost count of the number of times I have received help and advice through these forums and have enormous gratitude to all who have helped me to enjoy the hobby.

Many still use earlier versions of Trainz although most have probably moved on to at least TS12 so I suggest that the dedicated forums would be best for help with those earlier versions.

Ray

Last edited:
>Rickets
Downloaded kuid2:73134:67001:4 into TS2010 this has over 20 dependancies and the engine sound kuid2:104722:53066:1 showed as faulty as three ramp tags were no longer valid. I deleted these and it seems to run okay.now

Ken

When I started with Trainz, 11 years ago, I was 64 years old. I had dozens of questions and pretty much every one of them were answred here in the forum. I may not have liked the answer, but I did get one. There are periods of time here on the forum that it seems "dead". That's usually on a weekend when others have things to do. Since this is a worldwide forum, you can get help any almost any time if you're patient enough.

Bill

John
many thanks for you reply.it may have seemed unfair must amit but have always had TS2009 since I saw TS2004 running at atrain show ans was hooked on it but could not buy it 2004 at the time so bought TS2009 would builder and it ran great even the class 67 75134:67001:1 just a great looking loco but then good old microsoft came out with win 10 and since then nothing but trouble even....and being not into all the workings of Trainz am lost and now cannot gey the class 67 loco to run got the class 47 EWS to run ok but much rather have the class 67 EWS .....

John
many thanks for you reply.it may have seemed unfair must amit but have always had TS2009 since I saw TS2004 running at atrain show ans was hooked on it but could not buy it 2004 at the time so bought TS2009 would builder and it ran great even the class 67 75134:67001:1 just a great looking loco but then good old microsoft came out with win 10 and since then nothing but trouble even....and being not into all the workings of Trainz am lost and now cannot gey the class 67 loco to run got the class 47 EWS to run ok but much rather have the class 67 EWS .....

I understand. I saw an advertisement on an MSTS add-on that Auran did way back for MSTS. I checked out the ancient Auran.com, downloaded the demo then waited. In December 2003, I purchased TRS2004 and have been hooked since!

If you can copy and paste your exact error message, or even post a screen shot of what you are seeing, maybe we can help. The thing is many of us have moved on from TRS2009 so it maybe difficult.

John

Thats what I love about this forum seems like nobody wants to offer any help to a senior person with any trainz problem seems like the expert no hows are to busy with the likes of themselfs have over the year

You didn't reply to the earlier post:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?130410-BR-Class-67-EWS&p=1508248#post1508248

Asking a question and then not following up is pretty much guaranteed to get you onto an ignore list.

Punctuating your sentences would be useful. Help people to help you.

but sorry to say no one has even has said they have tried to install thereselfs to see if they can run it....heres hoping someone just might off some help

I would strongly recommend that you lose the attitude.

That asset loads and runs just fine in TS2009 Build 44653 running under Windows 10. That's as close as I can get to your setup.

If you have other problems then the cause of this asset not showing is probably elsewhere. You will need to follow a procedure to identify what is common to all the problems.

The main problem I have found with content like you talk about here is that it was orginally done in trainz 12, Which for some reason unknown to me has allways showed a product with a trainz 2009 build number variant,

I dare say there are sometimes off the forum reasons why an occasional person can go a wee bitty disturbed. Even more so if they say live by themselves and so on and I have been a regular reader and appreciator of these forums. So in being honest there is only one occasion when 2 were passingly united in a rather nippy thing with me (off Trainz matter) but I did not lose any sleep over it or decide to go on a dragged out stance.

It is perfectly legit to disagree on a Trainz bulding matter and such is the right in the free thinking world as long it does not go over the top for page after page. Such would only demean the whole purpose of Trainz and why there are forums. So no problem n a passing matter say but this is a pleasurable hobby for folk who love everything about trains, trams, oh, and Trainzs!

well nice to know you got it running but i have deleted 2009 about 4 times and reinstalled it and all the kuids I can find from the the DLS all to no avail so when you say to use the CM but not from the web do you mean CM in the bin folder....P

Are there any missing KUIDs listed that you are unable to find? Also make sure you are running build 44653 as well in case there's an earlier build issue.

Shane

well nice to know you got it running but i have deleted 2009 about 4 times and reinstalled it and all the kuids I can find from the the DLS all to no avail so when you say to use the CM but not from the web do you mean CM in the bin folder....P

No I meant use Content Manager and not the DLS web site and ftp as the faulty / warning protection for old assets is then removed, the asset becomes locally modified and may cause problems.

Malc
thanks for your prompt reply,has I am in no way a wizz at this stuff just enjoy running a layout etc but not how things work sorry to say....so could you explain how you can use the CM/FTP but not from the DLS or am i missing something..Paul

Sorry about the attitude but just getting fed up with this Class 67 loco and why now with win 10 will not run yet seems like most of all the other locos I have downloaded have installed and run just great yet when I had win 7 win 8 and win 8.1 had had downloaded it and ran just great so am wondering what did you do that it ran in your win 10 but will not run on mine can you explain that for me.....or is it the way I am downloading it from the DLS or is there another way I am not aware off.....regards Paul...

Malc
thanks for your prompt reply,has I am in no way a wizz at this stuff just enjoy running a layout etc but not how things work sorry to say....so could you explain how you can use the CM/FTP but not from the DLS or am i missing something..Paul

Content manager downloads items direct and installs them from the DLS, if you use the DLS web pages to download from using FTP then they have to be imported and are thus opened for edit and then committed which makes them subject to warnings and errors as they are now locally modified, as if you edited them.
Using the Download Helper link rather than FTP should be OK as that uses Content manager to download but in my experience the thing has never worked here.

Back