Where is my TANE download?

Tokkyu40

I went to the DLS, found a good layout with plenty of good assets for surveyor (Otaku Street) and downloaded it with Content Manager. So far so good.
But it's not in the list of routes in TANE. How do I find it and enable it?

Check if it's submitted in Content Manager using the Open for Editing option on the dropdown. If it's not, right-click it and click Submit.

Shane

Thank you. I managed to find Content Manager, locate the drop down menu, find Open for Editing and looked around.
I still don't know how to find the file I tried to download or have any idea what to do with it if it does appear. And it doesn't mention anything in the Editing menu about whether it's submitted or not.
But I'm making a little progress.
Maybe TRS04 has me spoiled, but I have no idea what's going on. Or how to find out if the route I downloaded has been downloaded or how to find where the file went if it has downloaded.
I did download some train cars through the CM which showed up, although it was a pain to find them in that giant list. I know it's at least theoretically possible. But I don't know where it hides them if I download directly from the DLS instead.
So once I've downloaded an asset, how can I find where it's been hidden?

Hello Claude,

TANE has a learning curve, especially CMP --- Have not learn much about it myself, since not really into trainzing these days!

However, glad to see you around, tho -- it's been ages!:wave:

Congrad again on your health progress, sir!!!

As for TANE, Shane is a super helper -- he most likely will jump in here to help you out in anyway when he comes on! He's very patience, and he's always open to helping out folks out here, so feel confident, asking him anything! Also, check out his site -- he has lot of info to get you started on how TANE works, etc ...

Take CAre buddy
Ishie

If it's been downloaded from the web browser version, it then depends on which option was used. If it was the Download via FTP option then the file is quite often in your downloads folder.

In Content Manager though, an item that has not been submitted will appear as Open for Edit in one of the columns.

Shane

EDIT: See the following video by N3V which may assist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzyx9Kx7Ug

Last edited:
I used the Download with Content Manager button. It had the same little window pop up that I got downloading directly from CM, so it must have done the same thing. Maybe it hung up somewhere and never downloaded.
I'll take Ish's advice and go see your tutorials. And when the frustration levels get too high, I can always fire up 04. Unlike TANE, it works. (I exceed the system requirements, but apparently not by enough)

If my tutorials haven't got that subject covered, try the Youtube link I gave on my last post which is from N3V's own Youtube channel.

Shane

Thanks. The video shows how to download through the Content Manager, which I already tried successfully and used your tutorials to identify the errors in the rolling stock.
It was Keimei's Kihas, which have indexed meshes instead of LOD meshes, so now that I can download I'll have to upgrade to Trainz12 until I also upgrade my computer.
I definitely want Keimei's assets.

Back