Article: Trainz Service Pack 1 - give us your feedback.

I am spending most of my time in CM getting my content up to date and there are still faults there. However I ran the DHR for considerable time with all settings set to full and there were no problems. Made me regret that we pruned the original route so much as the longer viewing distance would have been spectacular.

On the whole, I give 80345 top marks with reservations about CM which I am confident will be fixed.

Peter <narrowgauge>

Very happy compared to pre-SP1 -- much more stable, doesn't do the constant DB repairs, and seems to run smoother with better sounds. One problem: I can no longer download assets. Even though the internet tab says I am correctly logged in, every asset I try to download fails, and leaves a message to check my login details. Very frustrating, no clue how to fix.

... Made me regret that we pruned the original route so much as the longer viewing distance would have been spectacular.
Peter <narrowgauge>
Have always admired and enjoyed the DHR. Don't suppose the original route, before pruning, still exists in some form. With some judicious trimming, perhaps the distant boards could be put back.

Same problem as above user ....

I can no longer download assets. Even though the internet tab says I am correctly logged in, every asset I try to download fails, and leaves a message to check my login details. Very frustrating, no clue how to fix.

On the surface the TANE SP1 seems to run fairly well on my modest machine. I really haven't had much time to actually play the game because I've spent over 8 hours total researching, downloading, and installing SP1.

Guys there has to be an easier, less confusing, and more intuitive way to push these updates to the end user.

Last edited:
Can`y find no graphics improvements. Can`t reach the quality of the picture above.
"use height" tool under topology tab transform tracks splines to a wierd low resolution aspect when adjusting terrain.

The image above is provided by one of our customers so I don't know the exact settings used, but if you adjust your shadow and post-processing effects you will see the exact same image/features.

For comparison to Vern's overcooking laptop GPU, I ran a test on my desktop AMD Radeon R9 200 series with all sliders maxed (and GPU usage at 99%). It generally runs at 45-55 degrees and peaked at 62 degrees. My GTX 560 with the same test settled at 78 degrees - still well within guidelines. GPUs are designed to run up to a maximum temperature, and any overheating above that limit is likely to be directly related to insufficient cooling being provided.

all would be good if there were some ts12 compatibility mode for those of us who have lots of routes and cant run them because all the texture files are faulty etc etc

Still seeking the answer for the crazy bug about tracks splines when "use height" tool is clicked over the terrain.
I just uploaded a screenshot to the gallery under my username for the experts get the idea. This is new with de SP1.

Afraid I don't have anything good to say about this. I have spent the better part of the past two days TRYING to install this beast. I keep getting failures and "unknown" errors that abort the installation. I have even taken the drastic measure of completely deleting T:ANE from my system. Now I can't even download the program!
What a waste of time! I love the Trainz franchise...well, that is until T:ANE. Have been VERY disappointed with T:ANE in general. Now with these issues I have had this weekend, I think I am finished with T:ANE. Thank God I did not remove Trainz 2012 from my system! In my opinion, 2012 was far superior to T:ANE.
Thanks N3V for wasting my time and money. I am happily going back to Trainz 2012.

--UPDATE January 28, 2016--
After working on this problem much of the past weekend, I did finally get the new T:ANE to install. Turned out to be a faulty Zip file program on my end (Note: Do not try to use WinZip with this update.) T:ANE SP1 is now installed and working fine so far. Haven't done anything major with it yet, but it looks like things should work as intended. :)
Thank you the the people who tried to help fix this. Without your help, I nay well have abandoned my endeavor to install the T:ANE update.

Last edited:
Afraid I don't have anything good to say about this. I have spent the better part of the past two days TRYING to install this beast. I keep getting failures and "unknown" errors that abort the installation. I have even taken the drastic measure of completely deleting T:ANE from my system. Now I can't even download the program!
What a waste of time! I love the Trainz franchise...well, that is until T:ANE. Have been VERY disappointed with T:ANE in general. Now with these issues I have had this weekend, I think I am finished with T:ANE. Thank God I did not remove Trainz 2012 from my system! In my opinion, 2012 was far superior to T:ANE.
Thanks N3V for wasting my time and money. I am happily going back to Trainz 2012.

Welcome to the forums.

It's a pity that you've removed it now as I'd have been keen to help you install it.

Shane

Welcome to the forums.

It's a pity that you've removed it now as I'd have been keen to help you install it.

Shane

Thank you for your response.

I am willing to give it another go. Just VERY frustrated right now after all the time I invested this weekend...all to no avail.
Overall, as much as I hate to say it, I have not had the best experiences with T:ANE. I had high hopes that SP1 would fix many of my issues.

OK, here's what is happening:
I went to the "MyTrainz" site and followed the instructions for my build (which is --or WAS- pre-79000). The instructions advised the full download, which I followed.

Once downloaded, I followed the updating instructions to the letter. It looked like the installation was working. Got all the usual Windows 7 dialog boxes along the way. After that, the error comes up and halts the installation.

I tried this process several times with the same results. So I figured I had somehow corrupted my original installation of T:ANE. As a result, I decided to completely delete T:ANE and start all over with a totally new and fresh install. Now, I am unable to even install the base game. :(

This is the message I get every time now:
Patch failed: Failed to download data from
"http://dl1.n3vgames.com/Patch/TANE_sp1/430/4c2e524557d1c423505d56f17be4ebf.bin": Failed to open output file. Result: -7. Path:

As I said, it has been a VERY frustrating couple of days here. I really want to like T:ANE, but right now it sure isn't easy.

Last edited:
Can I ask what the error was? I've seen quite a few of them so it may well be one I've seen or can possibly direct you to a solution for.

Shane

Can I ask what the error was? I've seen quite a few of them so it may well be one I've seen or can possibly direct you to a solution for.

Shane

This is what comes up every time. It is after I go through all the usual Windows dialog boxes.

Patch failed: Failed to download data from
"http://dl1.n3vgames.com/Patch/TANE_sp1/430/4c2e524557d1c423505d56f
17be4ebf.bin": Failed to open output file. Result: -7. Path:

Sounds like a possible firewall issue to me. Does it ask you whether you want to allow the patcher access to the Internet?

Shane

Back