Forum search

Mick_Berg

Not sure where to post whines about the forum so I put it here. There's quite a few threads, some started by me, and others I've posted in, that I cannot find no matter how I search. If I search under my username I get about a tenth of the posts I have made. Is there a trick to searching that I'm missing?
Thanks,
Mick

EDIT: I see now that its only finding threads that I started, not posts. I have all types selected.

Last edited:
To find your post, click on your name at the top of a post, and select 'View Forum Posts'. Searching for the posts of someone else is the same. For a general search it's often better to use google (or another searching service), and use a search like 'site:forums.auran.com xyz'.

Peter

To find your post, click on your name at the top of a post, and select 'View Forum Posts'. Searching for the posts of someone else is the same. For a general search it's often better to use google (or another searching service), and use a search like 'site:forums.auran.com xyz'.

Peter

Thanks for that tip Peter. However some recent posts are still missing. These posts were somewhat critical of N3V. Moderators, if you are censoring this forum, at least have the decency to let me know.
Thanks,
Mick

Well, they are actually censoring the forum. It's (supposedly) "family-friendly", but some users aren't exactly "T:ANE-friendly".

If someone goes too far in telling N3V that T:ANE is bad, then they get banned...for having an opinion. Kinda negates the point of a forum, don't it?

If that was true, there would be a lot of people banned....of course it's not true but truth seems to be a minor inconvenience for some...

Well I haven't been banned yet.:hehe: Anyway it was constructive criticism.................

Thanks,
Mick

I've been wondering why the Forum seems so boring lately. Your posts are usually quite interesting to read, so if they really are being deleted, that might explain it. Try to be more boring and they won't delete them. :p

I've been wondering why the Forum seems so boring lately. ... Try to be more boring and they won't delete them. :p

Certainly worth a try. I have noticed that some of my boring (i.e. totally innocuous) posts have, very occasionally, "gone missing". I suspect that it may be a software issue, either with the forum itself or my browser, because the missing posts have eventually reappeared. Cleaning out your browsers temporary files area, cookies, history, etc probably wouldn't hurt.

Well, they are actually censoring the forum. It's (supposedly) "family-friendly", but some users aren't exactly "T:ANE-friendly".
So the posts that break the CoC are moved to a hidden section and the rest is still visible.
Btw... I would not call it censoring as only those posts that break the CoC (and usually a few posts that replied to that post) get moved. Censoring would be if the negative posts all would be made hidden; if you search a few minutes you will find loads of negative posts still visible.

If someone goes too far in telling N3V that T:ANE is bad, then they get banned...for having an opinion.
Correction: If people go to far that they do things not according to the CoC, they get banned. People do not get banned for having an opinion; they might get infractions for communicating their opinion too extreme.
If your statement would be true, there would have been tens or maybe even hundreds of (more) bans. If you take a few minutes of searching, you will find loads of negative posts about TANE and hardly any of those posters banned. Those that are banned broke the CoC.
It would be very strange to ban people with an opinion, except for one (me) and make that person moderator. And just in case you don't know: I am not convinced of TANE yet and have been advising people on this forum to wait till the SP before considering to buy it (before they made me moderator).

For the record:
Moderators can not delete posts or topics; we can only move them to a hidden section. That way Zec can correct our actions in case we were a bit too creative with (re-)moving things.
Complain about moderation? Contact Zec; don't go moan about it on the forum (as that is against the CoC).
Complain about a post or topic? Report it. Don't go out and attack the user as that often is against the CoC and I hate having to take actions against those (semi-) well intended "corrections".

Edit:
However some recent posts are still missing. These posts were somewhat critical of N3V.
I just went over all hidden posts in October and November and could not find any with your name. Everything older I did not consider "recent".
If you have a complain about moderation: Contact Zec.

Last edited:
Mick

Enter your name including the underscore in the keyword slot and you will get 58 hits in the past year. Does that seem to be more like you expect?

Peter

I've been wondering why the Forum seems so boring lately. Your posts are usually quite interesting to read, so if they really are being deleted, that might explain it. Try to be more boring and they won't delete them. :p

Well thanks for that. Although my post are not always the most learned, I do manage to bring on quite interesting discussions now and then. I'm honoured that some of the big guns often contribute.

Hows this for a boring post;
I like to play Trainz every day. I usually play it after I have had my breakfast. For breakfast I usually have oatmeal and two boiled eggs, each one boiled for four minutes. But I usually boil them both at once as this takes less time than boiling them both separately............... I won't go on, or I really will get banned!:hehe:
Mick

Back