New Computer: Tips?

Hello, all. :wave:

I recently used my birthday cash to buy a new computer for myself. Seeing as i have a lot of content installed for both Trainz 12 and MSTS, i am transferring all of my UserData files for TS12 and all of my files period for MSTS onto a portable hard drive. Here's my questions:

1. For TS12, is the UserData folder the only thing i need to copy to transfer my content to my new PC, or are there other important folders needed?
2. Are there any other tips for getting Trainz 12 and all of my current content set up on my new computer?

Just looking for some clarification on these questions.

Regards,

if you have an old "beater" PC use that for surfing the web, and general computing ... and use your new gaming PC exclusively for Trainz, or games.

Do not go to risky sites on your new PC, as adware, malware, virus ... etc ... will eventually slow it down.

What did you get ... what are it's specs ?

I have been looking at ASUS ROG, or a gaming desktop, windows PC

Last edited:
Chris,

Copy the complete TS12 folder to your external drive so you don't have to reinstall the application and run a database repair.

You can then copy the installto your new hard drive, create some shortcuts to Launcher.exe and Content Manager.exe on your desktop, and you are good to go.

If you want to ensure that CDPs open up in TS12, you can associate the files with that application if you want.

That's it.

John

Okay, plan B. Copying the TS12 folder in it's entirety did not work. So, i installed it onto my new PC using the disks, and am currently copying the UserData folder only from my older PC's TS12 folder.

My question is, will it work? When i open up the game, will all of my assets be there? Or will this lead to another re-install?

I would think if you had deleted the disc install Userdata folder ... then paste the copy of your saved userdata folder, right where the disc install userdata folder was ... all should show up

Well, it didn't work. Is it because I pasted the new UserData folder over the old one?

EDIT: I'm now doing a Quick DB Repair. Will this help? Or is it a lost cause?

Last edited:
Back