How Many Of You Still Have Old Versions of Trainz?

I have 10, 12, and T:ANE ... but I do not use them as my ancient Toshiba Satellite 105 Integrated Graphics laptop will not play those versions ... and TRS2006 is perfectly simple to lay track when creating a route

I am still concentrating on TRS12 although i loaded T:ANE on the pc but I have a disaster. My giant tramway project from way back in 2008 was dug out by me for some sorting and works fine in TRS12 but noticed it had loaded into T:Ane and when i looked in it I got a shock. A hundred odd miles of tram track gone and every street or road where I put in a traffic spline isn't there and that too is gone. Some scenic items too as well as important buildings so although i have been sorting that big Glasgow Tramway (closed 1962 and largest outside London) faces a question mark if going beyond TR12. Having taken so long to initially buld a whie ago very frustrated now.

During the course of the year I started routes in TS2010, TS12 and TANE but since moving up to the new laptop my big projects are all in TANE. I have TS12 (Steam version) installed as a backup but haven't got round to putting TS2010 back on. At this point, the only reason for using TS2010 would be to access the full range of assets from the product history, however... most of these are on the DLS anyway.

Now I can run TANE without totally melting the hardware, the appeal of Protrack and superelevation really trumps the earlier stuff, not to mention no more disconnections at fixed objects or having road and rail splines standing proud of the surface. Lots of assets starting to appear which are TANE only (the ST_RMM trees for one). On a more practical level, TS12 will be unsupported in a couple of months so doesn't really have a future if the DLS is the intended destination for your work.

Hi All

I have in my little collection

- Trainz 1.3
- UTC
- TRS2004
- TRS2006
- Trainz Classics 1 and 2
- Trainz Classics 3
- TS2009 World Builder Edition
- TS2010 Engineers Edition
- TS12 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition ( Black Tin )
- Tane A New Era (Deluxe) Boxed ( Blue Tin )

But only use TS12 and Tane at the moment :)

Poul

Hi Everyone I have almost every thing -Trainz -UTC -TRS2004 -TRS2006 -Trainz Classic 1 and 2 - TS2009 World Builder - TRS2010 Engineers Edition and Deluxe -TRS12 - TRAINZ A NEW ERA I used TS12 and TANE mostly TANE

I keep TS2012 as the Gold Standard. I do not use it since TANE has more features. I believe TANE has crossed the threshold of viability but when there is a problem Ts2012 can be used to establish that much needed baseline. Given the mismanagement of TANE its volatility will continue but at diminishing rate. So TS2012 will eventually be used to remember how bad it looked compared to TANE and not as a technical reference of how something should work.

I suppose the intended title should have been "how many are still USING the old version of Trainz" because the trackline beside our usernames clearly shows what version(s) we all have. All of my versions are still installed but only T:ANE is used regularly. I've opened some of the previous versions but only to export some favourite routes in progress to continue them in T:ANE.

Hello members,

This is a good topic for discussion.

My answer is:
Always keep your old software because you never know when you need to find that missing KUID.
Auran Trainz Ultimate Collection UTC - The software is kept in the box and no longer installed.
Installed on my computer is the following:
Auran Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004
Auran Trainz Driver (Marias Pass route TRS2006 North American Edition)
Auran Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006
N3V - Auran Trainz Collection Pack 2006
Auran Trainz Classics Railroad Simulation TC3
N3V Games Trainz Simulator 12

Other train set software products installed on my PC:
Steam product Train Simulator TS:2012 updated to Train Simulator TS:2016.

Happy railway modelling.

icon_e_smile.gif
davies_mike57

Last edited:
Back