Finding a webpage builder program

BlackDiamond1964

Shadow Banned By N3V
I'm looking into starting a small web site for my Trainz projects. I started by looking at free web builder type programs. I found that there is about 20+ of them out there. Common names that keep popping up are Wix, Yola and Weebly. I also went to YouTube and looked at videos on how to use some of these web site builder programs. They all seem to have their own pros and cons about them.
Assuming that this will be a Trainz site, what free web builder should I use? Which ones should I stay away from? I'd also like to here any experiences that other Trainz page owner might have about these web page building sites.

I've had a good experience with Weebly when building websites. Speaking of which, i should probably update mine...

Hello BlackDiamond1964.

I have two site-makers that I can recommend:

1. Wix, which I've heard is easy to use and comes with its own forum.

2. Jimdo, which I have personally used with two websites. One of which I have shut down, but the other one is available via the link in my Signature, if you wish to take a peek.

I am sure others will have their opinions as well. It seems that you now have another option in the form of Jimdo.

Ultimately, it's your decision based on what features each boast and what you wish to get from your site. They way they work, in terms of how data and content is entered, is not that different between site-makers, from experience.

Kieran.

Jimdo or Weebly look like they might do the job. Any others?
I got the time...I might as well look at all option.

I guess in the end I'm looking to set up the BlackDiamond Workshop. The place where like minded content creators want to model and research anything associated with the anthracite railroads. So some kind of forum option would be nice.

I know you are looking for a free builder, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I use WebPlus=X7 (they are up to X8 now), and love it. It is purely drag/drop page design and using the Properties of anything on the page you can add whatever you want in the way of programming. The price may seem daunting (Currently $118) but there is a sale going on now for 20% off. Once completed, you can upload your entire site in one move with the built-in FTP app.

I do not own stock, nor am I am member of the staff for Serif. Just go to serif.com and see what they offer.

Bill

I know you are looking for a free builder, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I use WebPlus=X7 (they are up to X8 now), and love it. It is purely drag/drop page design and using the Properties of anything on the page you can add whatever you want in the way of programming. The price may seem daunting (Currently $118) but there is a sale going on now for 20% off. Once completed, you can upload your entire site in one move with the built-in FTP app.

I do not own stock, nor am I am member of the staff for Serif. Just go to serif.com and see what they offer.

Bill

I'll check it out...Thanks!

Back