M120: Module for Model Railroadz

Still missing the grade crossing and grid!?:confused: I think that it may be time for a professional to help us. (aka, not me! lol)

Great idea, oknotsen.

Looking forward to giving this a go. Even as individual solo projects this is a great way to progressively build big routes on piece at a time and still get to enjoy them.

Still missing the grade crossing and grid!?:confused: I think that it may be time for a professional to help us. (aka, not me! lol)

Yeah, I don't know what is wrong with it. I manually removed them. I deleted the grid before cloning the route.
Maybe someone else could try downloading it, because the crossing is built in, so is the grid, but installing a JR route "activates" it.

Before I get too carried away with this, is the margin I've given enough for adjoining modules? I didn't read anything on how close scenery could be to the edge. 120m wide, 20m straight track, 20m straight and level ground.

28b340ef705b0fb76b4120ca9fd7acaa.jpg

Scenery can be as close as you like to the edge. You just need that little ribbon of track. I like this module because even though it looks Australian, it could still pass for the US, so you can run through trains without it making no sense at all.

Scenery can be as close as you like to the edge. You just need that little ribbon of track. I like this module because even though it looks Australian, it could still pass for the US, so you can run through trains without it making no sense at all.

That's also why I made it single track main line. Australia runs on the left side. Would've caused no end of headache with dual track configured for left side running.

I feel sorry that ever since I launched the idea I have not actually found time to make a module myself :( . I got some basic stretch of track done with my large bridge, but if I see some of other people work I know I will not learn your texturing skills soon. Happy some of you really jumped in and made some really nice modules so far already.

A few reactions:

About making sure your route does not contains 3rd party content:
Go into Content Manager, check dependencies and make sure all of them are not "locally modified". As far as I know, all content installed from 3rd party websites is flagged "locally modified", so this should be an easy trick.

Great idea, oknotsen.
Thank you, happy you liked it :) .

I also noticed a flaw in my definition. Or at least something that I should have made more clear.
My idea was to have a dual track main line (with right-hand driving) so that if all modules would be stitched together none of them would cause a hold-up on the main line. If some modules will have a single track main line, you could get a waiting queue on the adjacent modules.

I really like the looks of your (FSF) module and from what I can judge making the main line double track should not hurt the look and feel of what you made too much.
My idea always have been that if this East-West dual track module (definition) idea becomes more popular, to introduce a single track North-South module. But not before we got a serious East-West bit.

Oknotsen, I checked for modified content and there was nothing except for the already placed model railroad stuff
Maybe I will make an interlocking tower module, so we can have mainlines that diverge. Maybe also a diamond crossing module?

making the main line double track should not hurt the look and feel of what you made too much.

Look and feel not too much, but functionality would go down the toilet. Because Australia runs left side and US right side it would throw out all the signal configurations. Not to mention my knowledge of US prototypical running is about 0%. I've added a passing loop in the middle of the module, so it doesn't bottleneck much.

Maybe I'll have to build the route then hand it over to someone to set up signals etc for US running.

I may have to completely rethink the route anyway. All the flora is pofig content, which to my knowledge isn't on the DLS. Not quite sure I'd know what to do without his stuff. It's near impossible to find decent alternatives.

Last edited:
I think we should have a single track branch going north/south, and I can build a diamond crossing which is also where the lines connect. We could also have a module for 2 diverging main lines.

Back