Australian Chat Thread

Surprisingly no not number 1 but up there
It is a user who also has the number 1 and 4 in there user name but is not you and is well know for giving out bad and wrong advice

So you're referring to your old username then? Honestly, I'm so surprised few here realise this isa public forum and so is visible to all... and reportable to all. :n:

As far as I know my previous username never had a 1 in it, but you may know something I do not so who am I to argue with you.
So you're referring to your old username then? Honestly, I'm so surprised few here realise this isa public forum and so is visible to all... and reportable to all. :n:

Well, this was a bad idea. See, this is why we can't have threads like this. It immediately turns into a completely and utterly stupid "he did this" and "he did that" flame war where no one can play nice. Pathetic.

Keep on truckin (or not)',

Yes its why we can never have any good things - Any your not even an Australian :) - Love a good flame war that's why I joined the RFS

Interesting to see how many people with a 1 & 4 in their user name with a guilty conscience.

Speaking of flame wars you should see that one that happen when I posted on the USA screen shot forums
Well, this was a bad idea. See, this is why we can't have threads like this. It immediately turns into a completely and utterly stupid "he did this" and "he did that" flame war where no one can play nice. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Yes its why we can never have any good things - Any your not even an Australian :) - Love a good flame war that's why I joined the RFS

Interesting to see how many people with a 1 & 4 in their user name with a guilty conscience.

Speaking of flame wars you should see that one that happen when I posted on the USA screen shot forums
Hello:

Please keep your posts in line with the thread topic, continuing to bash other members will result in disciplinary action.

All of you, please shut up all of you and use this thread for it's purpose. Oh my god some people do not know when to stop.

Well, this was a bad idea. See, this is why we can't have threads like this. It immediately turns into a completely and utterly stupid "he did this" and "he did that" flame war where no one can play nice. Pathetic.,

Actually, our idea was for this to happen here rather than the screenshots thread. It was imminent anyway :p

So how please do tell how you see this thread working ?

Why does it really matter to some one form united states how Aussie's carry on ?.

Was not the idea to move the horsing around to another location and then get back into it?

If you had gone back and read all the posts in Australian screen shots, from post one and looked at the past history of it, as we say in my country you would noticed that trying to change us Aussies you were trying to push the proverbial up the hill. In the words of the prime minster ( he is the bloke we pick to run the country ) fair suck of the sauce bottle mate.

-

Last edited:
Dunno if this is the right thread but it is aussie related.

I've just become interested in making track and perhaps some Australian track for T:ANE. Does anyone have some hi res photos of typical Australian track and ballast? I intend to get out with a camera but there isn't a whole lot of track around Canberra.

TIA

Cheers

Dunno if this is the right thread but it is aussie related.

I've just become interested in making track and perhaps some Australian track for T:ANE. Does anyone have some hi res photos of typical Australian track and ballast? I intend to get out with a camera but there isn't a whole lot of track around Canberra.

TIA

Cheers
I stopped in at Yass Junction the other week for a couple of quick pic's of the station and surrounds Paul but did not take any of the track sorry, Next time i get the chance i'll get you sum and i'm not far from the Syd-Melb Mainline if you could tell me exactly what you require i could race down and snap sum.
Cheers Mick.

I stopped in at Yass Junction the other week for a couple of quick pic's of the station and surrounds Paul but did not take any of the track sorry, Next time i get the chance i'll get you sum and i'm not far from the Syd-Melb Mainline if you could tell me exactly what you require i could race down and snap sum.
Cheers Mick.
Thanks.

I think I'm after pics of the ballast and the type of staining you might get around track. But photos of turnouts and any related track furniture would be really useful. Higher res photos make a good "brush" for painting textures onto the meshes I will need to make. The resolution doesn't have to be super high and something around 4096*4096 will be fine.

Making track is new to me but I'm going to collaborate with SteamBoatEng who wants to make some U.S. track for the route he and a couple of others are working on. There is some really nifty stuff coming out for TANE so I thought I might try my hand at it with an Australian option.

Cheers

Thanks.

I think I'm after pics of the ballast and the type of staining you might get around track. But photos of turnouts and any related track furniture would be really useful. Higher res photos make a good "brush" for painting textures onto the meshes I will need to make. The resolution doesn't have to be super high and something around 4096*4096 will be fine.

Making track is new to me but I'm going to collaborate with SteamBoatEng who wants to make some U.S. track for the route he and a couple of others are working on. There is some really nifty stuff coming out for TANE so I thought I might try my hand at it with an Australian option.

Cheers
Pretty sure we have another Aussie working on sum Aussie track but for the life of me i can't remember who it was but he did show sum render's of it in the Aussie Screenshot Thread awhile ago, I'll try and get you the pics your after soon as i can.
Cheers Mick.
P.S Pretty sure young Azza was working on a Pandrol Clip for sum Aussie Track if that's what it's called.

Last edited:
I am going on that trip as well, with A66 to Birregurra, going to be fun, pity R707 is in the workshops for maintenance, but all for the best

Pretty sure we have another Aussie working on sum Aussie track but for the life of me i can't remember who it was but he did show sum render's of it in the Aussie Screenshot Thread awhile ago, I'll try and get you the pics your after soon as i can.
Cheers Mick.
P.S Pretty sure young Azza was working on a Pandrol Clip for sum Aussie Track if that's what it's called.

To be honest, my main interest is the TANE capability plus the complexity of the config.txt. But I have some experience of that when messing around with Deane's fence tutorial a few months back. If I'm going to make a track I may as well make an Aussie one.

Back