Australian Chat Thread

Dunno if this is the right thread but it is aussie related.

I've just become interested in making track and perhaps some Australian track for T:ANE. Does anyone have some hi res photos of typical Australian track and ballast? I intend to get out with a camera but there isn't a whole lot of track around Canberra.

TIA

Cheers

I may to, I will post here any photos.

-Cheers

No one has posted on this thread, so I thought I should.

I am too lazy to do this, and I don't have the mesh so... Yeah.

Has anyone ever modified one of Billegulla's Steam locos into the way they are preserved by companies such as Steamrail, like with the A2, without the reversing bar

Cheers

Aidyn

As I'm pretty sure we've explained, Bill's meshes are currently in Limbo in terms of the editing permission we have for them. All you can really hope for at this point is that someone well get around to it at some stage.

Stevo

That said, only one of Bill's meshes has been altered to 'as preserved' so far, namely the R class into R711 as it is now (approximately).

Beyond that, most of his models are pretty good representatives of the locos as preserved simply by setting the right number. About the only things not covered are extended coal bunkers in the tenders (R's, and likely the A2 since it'll be a coal burner), and any paint variations or extra plates (e.g. R707, or J515).

For the A2, the only differences really between his A2 and how 986 is expected to appear once completed are the tender (Bill's is an oily, rather than a coalie), and the wheels (986 has BoxPok type wheels). The reverser is unchanged on it, as far as I know (probably not fitted still, but it'll be going back otherwise it won't run! :p ).

Regards

Yep, went there today to clean it, and found it relaxing up the back, but I don't understand, as the whole reverser gear is in place, I think the reversing bar is cactus, I think they have extras, dunno, not a mechanic down there.

I just thought of something, why doesn't DERMPAV restore a walker, I know the name DERMPAV will be outlived, put there are tonnes of walkers that could be restored. But maybe not, because I don't think the walkers can get up to speeds that the DERM'S can. But there are some walkers at Huon, so sad, cannot believe the government did that, rip up all the track and leave those walkers to rot, WHY NOT GIVE THEM TO THE DSCR.

Speaking of the DSCR, they are considering buying some W type carriages from somewhere, dunno where though, and maybe a T class loco. Wow, gonna love seeing those running.

Cheers!

Aidyn

I took some photos of J516 at the YVR yesterday, I am disgusted with the way it has rotted. the front 'J' on the buffer beam has rotted away and looks like someone has vomited on it, gross.

Any Aussie's on here interested in getting our own Australian Themed Forum going ?, Not sure how much interest there would be but just a place to hang out and chat about our varied interests in Trainz. Victrainz seem's dead in the water and Zec has mentioned he wanted to kind of get this idea going but i think he'll be busy for awhile yet with TANE and his own things he has going on in the hobby. Let me know if anyone is keen for this to get off the ground.
Mick.

I like the idea, it'd be great to have 'local knowledge' in one easy to find/access place, rather than the usual of it being buried somewhere here under endless 'other countries' railway screenshots and all that (honestly, not being narky, but DO we really need a hundred different threads/screenshots for say, US motive power, etc...no wonder its hard to find something in the Australian thread, as it gets buried on like, page 6 in no time flat :p)

Thanks fella's that's great too hear, Any idea's for a name ? and i'll get it happening.
Cheers Mick.
P.S Ok i have it happening now so if another Aussie want's to lend a hand getting this forum up and going please PM me. It would help if you knew more then me in setting up a forum which isnt much :hehe:.

Last edited:
Thanks fella's that's great too hear, Any idea's for a name ? and i'll get it happening.
Cheers Mick.
P.S Ok i have it happening now so if another Aussie want's to lend a hand getting this forum up and going please PM me. It would help if you knew more then me in setting up a forum which isnt much :hehe:.

Hey Mick,

I'd love to help with the forum setup but I'm away till the new year. If you need an admin let me know :)
BTW I have a few photos of a timber sleeper. Can just tell that it was white!

Cheers
David

Hey Mick,

I'd love to help with the forum setup but I'm away till the new year. If you need an admin let me know :)
BTW I have a few photos of a timber sleeper. Can just tell that it was white!

Cheers
David
Cool bananna's David that will be great mate i'll send you the details when ya ready and i'll see if i can break it further in the meantime LOL. Wishing all our Trainzer's a very Merry Christmas.
Cheers Mick.

Last edited:

My thoughts would be to send a request to the help desk. Perhaps Zec has sufficient admin privileges but it might need their IT guy.

I'm keen on an Aussie thread as well. I've been playing with (i.e. making) the new T:ANE procedural tracks and reporting my progress on the beta forum. My track is kind of working, the blades are moving but not in the right direction as yet, and there are a gazillion other problems.

If I'm going to start making this sort of track for T:ANE, I may as well start with an Australian track based on some of the pics you provided.

Cheers

Thanks Paul i was mainly thinking of a forum away form here where it would be basically Aussie Related if you know what i mean, Not sure if you know of Railpage Australia Paul but there's also a Trainz Section there too and i have a few things on the go track infrastructure related http://www.railpage.com.au/f-f32.htm I doubt i could get it procedural working or what ever its called but sum proper aussie turnouts would be well worth the wait.
Poor old Zec is worked to the bone with what he has going on here and his own Payware Stuff he wants to get going let alone having to look after Victrainz as well so i'd rather not bother him with sum-thing i think a few of us here could do on our own his input would be valuable but yeah i'd rather not pester him.
Cheers Mick.

Make that trying to look after VicTrainz :eek:

If all else fails, let me know in the new year if you're trying to get it worked out, and I can try to give you a hand, or maybe put you in contact with some who may be able to assist :) Hopefully in the new year I can sort out VicTrainz as well...

But I'm certainly interested in an Aussie forum :) A few have tried, but they never got anywhere due to either lack of experience, or just a lull in the Aussie community. I personally like the name 'AusTrainz', but then again that's the name of the old yahoo group lol. OTOH, the last attempt was 'OzTrainz', not sure if Jim (Boobless_Ed) has the domain still though.

Regards

I actually went with Austtrainz Zec lol, In the new year when it all settle's down and get's back to normal i'll send you what we have and we can take it from there mate if ya keen but your input will be much appreciated.
Cheers Mick.

Back