Article: Announcing Trainz: A New Era Community Edition

Wait, What? I thought that during the Kickstarter Campaign, you promised T:ANE would be released in December of 2014? (A fully functional, bug free, working, end result T:ANE, not a half-arsed quick release, so you can appear to keep your word, version!)

-The Trainz Consumer

Last edited:
You people have no idea on the thousands of lines of code needed to make the game work give those programer a chance, when the full release is out your CE edition will be fully upgradable.

You people have no idea on the thousands of lines of code needed to make the game work give those programer a chance, when the full release is out your CE edition will be fully upgradable.

Not true Fritzz. I have a very REAL idea of the tasks involved.

My gripe is over the fact that after all these years, N3V will not just come right out and say "Hey guys, we are falling short of our promises, and are going to need to delay the release of the FINAL, no Bugs, no Hiccups version of T:ANE. We hope you understand, and we thought you DESERVED AN HONEST EXPLAINATION."

This "CE" version is just smoke and mirrors to cover their collective behinds from the flames of loyalist who were unfortunate enough to give N3V their undeserved trust to FINALLY follow through with their promises, OR be 100% up-front, and say "We over estimated our ability to deliver this product."

N3V's thinking is (from appearances), "Well, we'll give them this CE version in Dec. 2014, which we know is full of bugs and errors, and TECHNICALLY we kept our word. Yeah, yeah, and then no one can call us names..."

So instead of giving us nothing except an explanation in Dec, we get an interim version that can be upgraded to the final public release. I don't suppose you have to accept it.

If you actually read Tonys post http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...w-Era-Community-Edition&p=1334094#post1334094 and clicked on the link marked here, it's all explained, why do not people read everything properly before jumping in feet first!

Copy of the important part from https://www.kickstarter.com/project...new-era-create-drive-operate-sh/posts/1019190

Final Word

This is the hardest piece of this update to write. The team have worked extremely hard to deliver everything we promised in the time that we promised. When we set out our plans back in October 2013, we felt we set ourselves a realistic but tight schedule. We had a number of unknowns at the time, and as it has turned out, we’ve spent more time getting the underlying engine technology and existing “Trainz” systems working together (and we still have more work to go).

We realize that this news will be disappointing to some fans, but we know those extra few months of polish will help ensure we deliver an all-round top quality product. We also hope that the Community Edition version will help soften the blow and give you plenty of enjoyment while waiting for the final version to arrive.

As the beta testers will see beginning next week, and then all our fans in December, T:ANE will begin setting new standards in the world of train and railroad simulators. We’re not there yet, but we’re making improvements every day. Most of the hard yards are complete and now we can focus our efforts on making every system shine.

We would like to thank you all again for your support as without you we wouldn’t have even come close to where we are at today. We are confident that in the end, the wait will be well worth it!

If you actually read Tonys post http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...w-Era-Community-Edition&p=1334094#post1334094 and clicked on the link marked here, it's all explained, why do not people read everything properly before jumping in feet first!

Copy of the important part from https://www.kickstarter.com/project...new-era-create-drive-operate-sh/posts/1019190

So it's my fault that they DID NOT post THAT information HERE...I should have to go to OTHER venues to find out information on THIS SITES PRODUCTS...

REDICULOUS!!

That information was not in the Newsletter I got YESTERDAY either, so, again N3V making it difficult, instead of being "upfront", HERE.

So it's my fault that they DID NOT post THAT information HERE...I should have to go to OTHER venues to find out information on THIS SITES PRODUCTS...

REDICULOUS!!

That information was not in the Newsletter I got YESTERDAY either, so, again N3V making it difficult, instead of being "upfront", HERE.

Seriously? They've been doing updates from kickstarter since they started. You're the one being ridiculous and I am under the impression you enjoy hearing yourself complain.

I think you need a break.

As I have waited nearly one whole year for the promised autopatch from TS12 build 58414 I am disappointed but not surprised b this latest failure. Maybe the autopatch would console me Any chance?
NOOJEE31

Seriously? They've been doing updates from kickstarter since they started. You're the one being ridiculous and I am under the impression you enjoy hearing yourself complain.

I think you need a break.

I withdrew my Kickstarter pledge, so I don't follow Kickstarter, why should I?
--N3V announcements should be on the N3V hosted Forums, No?

I know that they don't presume Kickstarter pledgers are their only Market base, because honestly, that turn out was much smaller than anticipated.

For the record, I asked a question, I did not lodge a complaint with my initial post. Only after I got attacked by the FanBoys, did I express a complaint, so thanks for piling on the bandwagon of hateful Fanboys who do more harm to N3V by means of disparaging potential customers, than a potential customer inquiring about a change in the promised time-scheduling of a T:ANE release.
--Atta Boy, you done good.

As pointed out in the main forum, it's not just Kickstarter backers, but all of us who pre-ordered that have a vested interest in this now. There needs to be ongoing full disclosure here not just on the KS page.

If this delay is finite and the new milestones are in place then I will wait patiently for the bug free, all (nearly) new train sim we have been promised. The CE version will be... a diversion, but given the indications are half of the promised features such as superelevation and the new dispatcher aren't included, there doesn't seem much point in using it for constructive route building. Essentially what we're getting is an advanced pre-beta. (It can't even be regarded as beta if the new features and stretch goals aren't implemented).

Fingers crossed it comes good in the end, but just remember Fury...

We also posted relevant details in the forums: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?114978-Trainz-A-New-Era-Community-Edition

As I have said before, using Fury as an example of what might happen with Trainz makes no sense. Trainz survived, continues to survive (and thrive) today, and will survive well into the future thanks to the support of our Kickstarter fans (90% of who will have access this week to the beta release).

Programing anything to a preset date very rarely comes off. If you have done any programing you should know that one change to something that does not quite work right can affect up to another hundred or so lines of code and this all needs to be updated as well. It is impossible to know at the start exactly what will work and what will not work.
So I believe in letting them get on with it without gripes from those that do not know what is involved.

Cheers,
Bill69

Now I know who found my Grumpy pills. I thought I had lost them,
fortunately, I don't need them any more. Life is much more fun on the happy side.

Bob (CRO)

why not just wait and see what we get in CE,its got to be better if we are beta testers for everyone

well that is another two months to wait, they declare it for 1st December 2014:confused: for it to come out, but thats ok for me I can wait

Last edited:
I am not sure what the gripe is all about, but as for the delay in the release day, I can say from past performances of trains, with bug fixes, Updates, Patches etc, I would rather they get T;ANE debugged before the release. Personally, I have trainz from 2006 up to now, and I have not seen a perfect debugged version yet. Be patient, and lets see if they can get one totally debugged even with a delay.

Back