Article: Trainz Simulator 2 Arrives on iPads

Hi NSWGR_46Class (btw, I have been using the NSWGR NODs recently testing the new physics tools).

TANE is being developed by N3V Games using the Kickstarter funding plus significant additional investment of our own funds. The Trainz Sim 2 product development has been outsourced so it did not rely on internal staff nor any of the KS funding.

We have also outsourced development of Trainz Trouble, Turbo Trainz and an upcoming successor to My First Trainz Set so that our core team can focus on getting TANE developed on time and feature complete.

With regard to Android, obviously it would be better for people with Android devices rather than iPads, but in terms of revenue, it would generate less than 10% of the iOS revenue based upon 3 years of history with TS1 and Trainz Driver apps. So it makes sense to focus on iOS to begin with. Android development will be determined once we have some sales data behind us for TS2.

Ah, an app that doesn't require a constant flow of cash to make it useable!

Many thanks, like the new controls, would also like some UK steamers as in app purchases at some time please :)

I am new to Trainz with this new iPad app and really like it. But how can I download the free new content? It always says I dont have a CD Key for this Trainz product.

I am new to Trainz with this new iPad app and really like it. But how can I download the free new content? It always says I dont have a CD Key for this Trainz product.

Hi DerDree. CD Keys are not required for mobile versions, so that is a strange message to be getting. I assume you have Trainz Simulator 2 for iPad installed? If you are trying to download using the Free Content tab, you are prompted to create a Planet Auran account which then provides access to the Download Station.

If one of these steps isn't working, please let us know what steps you are taking and what error message is being received. Any other information that you think relevant may also be useful.

Cheers

Hi DerDree. CD Keys are not required for mobile versions, so that is a strange message to be getting. I assume you have Trainz Simulator 2 for iPad installed? If you are trying to download using the Free Content tab, you are prompted to create a Planet Auran account which then provides access to the Download Station.

If one of these steps isn't working, please let us know what steps you are taking and what error message is being received. Any other information that you think relevant may also be useful.

Cheers

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes i installed Trainz Simulator 2 for iPad. After that I opened the chat and followed the link there to create an account. After some sessions I went to the free content tab and wanted to download something. But it says that I dont have a CD Key for this Trainz product and that I shall enter a CD Key on the website for my account.

I also tried reinstalling the app and registering an new account via the content tab. But i get the same message.

As per previous post. TS2 asks for CD key to be registered on the Planet Auran website. I already have TS1 on my iPad working with no problems.

I tried creating a new account through the app. That doesn't work because the pop up that requires me to accept the agreement is UNDER the info page. I cannot click the accept button so my account is never created. I then created the account here, and when I log in I get a message that I need a valid CD key.

I have also downloaded the game and have an account with planet aura but it still says I need a valid cd key when trying to get the free content. Any suggestions?

Cheers

I'm having the same problem guys. It wants a valid cd key and offers no other options. The website knows who I am but doesn't care.

Thanks for the information regarding the "need a valid CD Key" error. It appears that if you currently don't have another Trainz mobile app registered, the app incorrectly asks for a CD Key (which should not be required). We will solve this issue as soon as we can and upload a new build to Apple to address the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

I am having the very same issue with the inability to download free content. I never had the issue w the original trainz for ipad.

I'm getting the idea that me and a lot of people are having the "CD code needed" problem, is that problem being sorted out yet?

We believe the CD Key error has now been resolved. Please let us know if you are still having any problems with download access.

We are also working on one more issue regarding missing dependencies where some items from TS1 were not included in the TS2 content set. The actual maps and those assets were included but not 100% of the assets that were available in Surveyor. This means that some routes made in V1 and uploaded to the DLS will have missing dependencies when downloaded into TS2. The routes are still playable, but generally missing some textures.

So, Android isn't coming out until when...? I am really jealous about iPad users, with new routes and multiplayer. By the way, if I was going to purchase an iPad, what content such as routes and trains are included?

Good news and a good implementation. In many ways it's way ahead of the previous version and much smother under heavy load.

A pleasant surprise, thanks.

Last edited:
Back