Model Railroadz

Im starting in getting interest in this thread and the new way of use of Trainz. Brilliant work guys, but I am having and Idea. I still have some tracks from the Mehano Starter Packs (The one with a Diorama and the french blue locomotive, with a "caboose/flatcar"?? of CSX, a 4 Bay hopper and a gondola wagon with two turnouts and controllers,tracks, etc, and the other with the AVE S100 Train with tracks). So I could get meausrements and dimensions of the tracks, curves, calculate raidous and others to actually make real HO or N tracks in Trainz. The classic "Black Tie - Silver Rail" track, or the Roco Tracks with the grey ballast. And they can be made and used as Fixed Tracks, the turnouts can be made too and can be animated, then with the basic HO/N tracks, being all a pack, they can come with ballast to simulate the homemade ballast added to some tracks, and kits to reskin the tracks to make the ties and rails oxydized, or to look more old like the real modelrailroaders do!! or just can come with a grey ballast platfform like the ROCO ones, and then can come too Spline Tracks, of the tracks mentioned earlier. This thread is giving me good feelings, :D

Greetings

Ok i have my Lance Mindheim/Xawery inspired Route started and for the most part understand how this is done but this rounded corner thing is beyond me
fe38ac8539043b016b2c02073469c948.jpg

Anyone care to explain it in a bit more detail please for the simple peeps out here.
Cheers Mick.;)

For me personally this is what i have been looking for since i began with this game how ever many years ago, I've never been as excited to race home at the end of the day too see what others have done with this amazing idea of Kimo's. And lately i was kind of really getting over it all and could of quite easily ( I Think ) walked away from it, I owe Kimo a lot of thanks for relighting the flame so to speak lol.
Cheers Mick.

Thank You. I was feeling the same way. seemed like Trainz was running out of steam:hehe:. I found trying to create large routes or my favorite Sub Division, became too monotonous for me. I've always had more of an interest in model railroads than the real thing something about a miniature world I find fascinating. With this idea it gives me a chance to almost feel like I'm actually building a model railroad. Perhaps some more content will be made for this type of route building such as benchwork siding, fascia, maquete table or whatever you call it. wood or metal supports and flooring. Maybe even a DCC controller and switch panel? Anyway I'm glad to have revived the community with this idea. I actually came up with this a year ago, I just recently figured out how to do the rounded edges when I decided to share my first pics. So I guess this will keep us going till the next Trainz is released... Or at least till the next big release from JR. Jus kid'n.

Ok i have my Lance Mindheim/Xawery inspired Route started and for the most part understand how this is done but this rounded corner thing is beyond me

Anyone care to explain it in a bit more detail please for the simple peeps out here.
Cheers Mick.

Uhhh, can't quit figure out how to round off the curves/edges...

Splines and Digholes as best as I can explain it.

1499d69326aec062c9b1f9f69b52ff4d.jpg

ceb9ac820a8d7413f8fc0eaa98dfe53c.jpg

50cee8015159b594cdb113c48cff92f0.jpg

5483345f37d0154342a0de2d12026f79.jpg

Are most of you guys using a scale or real life measurements? I've started a 4x8 in HO scale, but it looks so small. Maybe its right and just looks funny because I'm use to the wide open spaces of most routes in trainz.

I used real world and just kind of eye-balled it to make it look like a room sized HO scale layout.

I was trying to release my layout this weekend, its still full of faulty assets that I'm trying to fix or get rid of. I created it on my old computer in TS10. Now my new computer has arrived and I saved the route on a flash drive and will reload it in TS12, so it may be a few more days. Some updated pics.

6cd76d1b7d51532ee63770316f01a6af.jpg
5a7936ea4f9b0f8a79463affd580b91b.jpg
03c59d6e34a30c0fd0259e7978a23942.jpg
8b11370d032f515f3ee40c8d58429815.jpg

Some quick'n'dirty assets that i created last evening:

Two variants of supports (38m and 48m tall) modelled as static objects.
Spline floor (single segment is 600x600m)
Spline fascia (single segment is 10x10m)
Hand painted backdrop (120x60 - spline).

Grab them here if you are interested:
https://www.mediafire.com/?r9ccml1u6h8l2mf

They can be freely reskined and distributed.

a7ed2cc6a6f7363ad4ffdb0d63dabe32.jpg

Splines and Digholes as best as I can explain it.

1499d69326aec062c9b1f9f69b52ff4d.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Thank you. Could you tell me the KUID of the Spline?

Does anyone know of a spline similar to the huge brick wall seen in some of these screenshots which would work with trainz 2009 ?

Those backdrops look great xawery :)
Any chance of doing a spline one in just a flat grey colour? Also a backdrop with holes to run track through would be really handy.

Those backdrops look great xawery :)
Any chance of doing a spline one in just a flat grey colour? Also a backdrop with holes to run track through would be really handy.

I'm going to try something with the skin, I think you can alpha out a train sized hole in it...

Boy I have to say the reading comprehension on this site sure has declined in the last few years...

Simulatortrain, those look great and are exactly what I was hoping would come along. Now ya'll are gonna get me to jump on the bandwagon.

Back