Model Railroadz

I've been working on some vegetation and other filler scenery. The Bridge and Iron job heads past the Buckeye Terminal and Reames Foods to spot car loads of steel and building materials.

I just realized that you should try using sharper, crisper ground textures. Those look pretty blurry and there are definitely better ones available. It would make the route look a lot better.

Everything is looking amazing very proud and a amazed of all of it.

Question can anybody help me or give me some ideas on how to work on the back end corner of a model railroad? Manly, I have a railroad museum (currently in the progress of working on and completing) on one side of the table that has a mainline that goes in a curve going towards a grain mill with some streets and roads like for a town and then a corner that has been giving me a fit. I want to use it for a industry complex maybe to serve as a business for the town, or maybe like a small yard with a industry dealer. I can have a strait turnout before it is coming to the curve or I can use a crossover coming off the mainline that is in front of the museum. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
file:///C:/Users/Lukas/Pictures/Saved%20Pictures/layout%20four.jpg

Last edited:
Everything is looking amazing very proud and a amazed of all of it.

Question can anybody help me or give me some ideas on how to work on the back end corner of a model railroad? Manly, I have a railroad museum (currently in the progress of working on and completing) on one side of the table that has a mainline that goes in a curve going towards a grain mill with some streets and roads like for a town and then a corner that has been giving me a fit. I want to use it for a industry complex maybe to serve as a business for the town, or maybe like a small yard with a industry dealer. I can have a strait turnout before it is coming to the curve or I can use a crossover coming off the mainline that is in front of the museum. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

"Not another!" some may say

Work in progress, "The Hoofhearted & Smelz Railroad Company".

Best watched full screen / 1080p:

Phil

Hmm looking great 2'6" again I guess, The Mason Bogies like mining, Somewhere for me to give them a good run.

Tom

Yes, Tom. 30" NG.

I believe the Masons also like logging too.

dsp04sanjuan3sml.jpg

2858.1248789060.jpg

D6-2-4&5%20fletcher%2028.jpg

And for those curious about the Mason Bogey locomotives and missed an earlier video (full screen / 1080p):

As you can see, they were designed so that the power bogey pivoted on the main frame, allowing the negotiation of sharp curves on logging and mining railroads.

Phil

Last edited:
Work in progress, "The Hoofhearted & Smelz Railroad Company".
Phil
I am amazed at how vastly different your definition of WIP is from mine! All I have are bits and pieces of stuff that aren't even worth uploading.

You, on the other hand..."work in progress," yeah, right. Okay, kinda makes me want to slap the tar out o' ye. :hehe: Nah, not really--all admiration from me!

You really do make N3V look good, Philskene!

Joe --

" ... work in progress ... "

But we all know it's always "work in progress". As somebody in these Forums said a long time ago "Routes are never finished. It's just that the author eventually gives up."

What you see in the video represents about a week of afternoons and a few evenings. Which is one of the advantages of these micro-layouts. They can actually be "completed" reasonably quickly. But then, of course, I keep coming back and find an error or want to make a change or two. And so it goes on, and on, and ... . Until eventually ... .

Phil

I see Page #544 where get that beads cut of rails and beads side.

Sura, absolutely beautiful... amazing how much atmosphere you have created with only that few assets! :)
The white door is by simulatortrain, check this thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...37#post1256237 (big white wooden door)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 22alpha
Wow.... That has to be the coolest scene I have ever seen! LOL Really makes me want to make more shop stuff....

Mike

Mentioning shop stuff (and seeing your following post to Sura) I assume you are talking to me, not to Sura?
Yeah, that was my plan Mike - doing my best to keep you busy building more stuff! :p

EDIT: Oh, I just discovered that little gem on the DLS... that fits in perfectly! :)

mrr_023.jpg

and
trainmaster2142 on page #548,Fluffnation #1548,ESO #1140,Lego207,#1435,Kimo505 #1441

I look awesome your route?

Does route done yet?

NKP

Last edited:
Pretty much there (needs a few minor details)

jmew0qtv.xkg.jpg

bzojwdd2.uou.jpg

3japkhkx.q2x.jpg

Fabulous work here! Was/is this route available for download? I'm actually working on a layout kind-of like this at the moment and I would love to see the techniques that you used as well as run some trains on it. Once I'm done with my layout, I'll be posting pictures of it here! :D

Last edited:
This is the New Castle Northern model rr. It's a much older route from me, made in TS12. Some of you may remember it some may not. I decided to dust it off briefly and see what it looked like in TANE. It didn't look too great. The davesnow backdrops I ad been using had a tendency to pop in and out of view for no reason, so they were removed. I'll replace them eventually. All of my trees were gone, they're all old pofigs which don't work in TANE bar a few. Also for some reason half of my carpet is missing, gonna have to fix that. However, I was able to whip two of the scenes back into shape relatively quickly, and give you guys a quick look at it including a broad overview shot.

I must say that the NCNO is coming along quite nicely, certainly quite a lot faster than it was going when I started the route in TS12. The frames do drop a bit in some of the more heavily wooded areas, i.e. along the peninsula, and this obviously gets worse with the more trains you put on the route, which thanks to its two sizable yards, is quite a good amount of trains. As of today's screenshot session, I've done the following:

-Finished the scenery/vegetation for roughly half of the layout.
-Begun finishing the topography on the unfinished side of the peninsula.
-Reworked the tracks in Heather Yard (right hand side yard). The innermost looped yard track merges into the second yard track prior to the main curve, as the curvature was simply too tight. In addition, two further yard tracks were added, starting at the loop on the left side and ending on the right side's regular yard ladder.
-Reworked Heather's Upper Yard. I wasn't happy about the upper yard concept, as it was too small to really be useful, so I gutted all but the far left and two rightmost tracks, and replaced the remaining yard tracks with a feed and supply building, creating a rail served industry up there.
-JR grasses removed in favor of JVC grasses. I like the look of the JR grass, they give a nice, lush grassy feel, but for this particular project I think the JVC assets are the better fit.
-Added CR 30 just past Kelly Yard on the north end of the yard, and added Dave's Diner scene and crossing to that area.

That's it for the progress report, now for the screenshots.

Also, nickleplateroad, when I get ready to start beta testing the route prior to release, I'll send a copy your way.

Back